To receive assistance:
- Students must be enrolled at Mesa College
- Students must meet federal income guidelines
- Must be first-generation to attend college, and/or a student in the DSPS program and evidencing academic need.
- New participants must be full-time students who intend to transfer to the four-year university to pursue a bachelor's degree.
- UPDATE: Undocumented students eligible above are now encouraged to apply. Welcome!
Why Join STAR TRIO?
STAR TRIO provides students opportunities for academic development, assists with basic college requirements, and serves to motivate students towards the successful completion of their post-secondary education.
Students interested in applying for the STAR program must submit a completed program application.
Please download and save the Program Application, complete it, then email the form to MesaStarTrio@sdccd.edu.
Students may also be asked to provide:
- Referral form from other support services programs (DSPS, EOPS, Promise, etc.)
- Verification of income (signed income tax return) - Independent (Student), Dependent (Parent)