Academic Review Committee
Academic Review Committee Procedures
The Academic Review Committee considers petitions at their regularly scheduled meetings, which are usually scheduled on the second Monday of each month. The 2020-2021 meetings are scheduled as follows but may subject to change.
For questions regarding the Academic Review Committee Process, please contact the Evaluations Office here.
Meeting Dates and Deadlines for Petition Paperwork to be Submitted:
Students must meet with a counselor to obtain the petition and documents (letter, education plan, supporting documents, and unofficial transcripts). Please submit your petition through the online portal system here.
Note: Students are informed of the Committee's decision by email within 10 working days from the committee meeting.
- Monday, August 10, 2020 / Paperwork due:August 6
- Monday, September 7, 2020 / Paperwork due:September 3
- Monday, October 12, 2020 / Paperwork due: October 8
- Monday, November 9, 2020 / Paperwork due: November 5
- Monday, December 7, 2020 / Paperwork due: December 3
- Monday, January 11, 2021 / Paperwork due: January 7
- Monday, February 8, 2021 / Paperwork due: February 4
- Monday, March 8, 2021 / Paperwork due: March 4
- Monday, April 12, 2021 / Paperwork due:April 8
- Monday, May 10, 2021 / Paperwork due: May 6
- Monday, June 14, 2021 / Paperwork due: June 10
The academic review committee reviews the following petitions:
- Petition for Exception to Course Repetition Policy
- Modification of Graduation Requirements (For District & GE Requirements Only).
1.) Petition for Exception to Course Repetition Policy:
- No course in which a “C” or better grade has been earned may be repeated.
- No course in which an unsatisfactory grade of “D”, “F”, "NP" or "W" has been earned may be repeated more than three times, unless otherwise indicated in the catalog.
- Students will not be allowed more than three enrollments in a non-activity course, regardless of grade or symbol earned.
Students who believe that they have a compelling reason for an exception to this policy may file the Petition for Exception to Course Repetition Policy following the procedures below.
2.) Modification of Graduation Requirements (for District and GE Requirements Only):
Any variation to District Graduation or General Education Requirements must be approved by the Academic Review Committee. Requests for modification must be submitted on a Modification of Graduation Requirements form following the procedures below.