Procedures FOR Test Proctoring:
The student will notify the Professor that they have been authorized to receive test proctoring accommodations by submitting a copy of their Authorized Academic Accommodations (AAA) form. The authorized accommodations are listed on the AAA form. Electronic copies are made available to the student by DSPS Counselor.
For students taking exams in the DSPS TEst Proctoring Center:
- Students requesting testing accommodations must meet with their DSPS Counselor every semester to set up the test proctoring accommodation.
- Students should email their professors their accommodation letters and notify them that they are requesting test proctoring at LEAST 5 business days in advance of the scheduled exam. (Please note: students who do not notify their professors in advance of the 5 days are not guaranteed a DSPS test proctoring appointment).
- Once the professor has been notified of the test proctoring request; they complete the: Faculty Request for DSPS Proctoring
- The DSPS Test Proctor will contact the student to set up a testing appointment based on the information provided on the request form.
- The instructor will email the DSPS Test Proctor the exam and instructions along with any access codes (if applicable). The exam may also be uploaded securely on the request form.
- The student will enter Test Proctoring Center at the scheduled appointment day and time, and will be provided with a copy of the San Diego Mesa College Academic Honestly Statement.
- When the student has completed the exam, the Test Proctor will return the completed exam to the instructor.
For students taking exams directly within Canvas:
The instructor extends the time (for example, double-time) directly in Canvas for the student. Here are the instructions: Steps for setting extended times within Canvas
Please contact the DSPS Test Proctor at (email@example.com) directly or call DSPS at (619-388-2780) with any questions.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 619-388-2780
- Video Phone/ASL: 619-403-9547
- Room: I4-405 (4th Floor of the Student Services Center)