- Apply to Get Paid for Work Experience - NEW!
- WE Class List
- Steps to Enroll
- Application Resources
- WE Toolkit - Forms
- Internship Preparation Help
- Frequently Asked Questions
Work Experience Steps to Enroll:
Have an internship, job, or volunteer position secured and want to receive college credit for your hands-on experience? Complete the Work Experience Steps to Enroll below to receive an ADD code to register for a Work Experience course.
To be eligible to obtain an ADD code/permission # to enroll, students must complete the following requirements:
- Get $$$ for Workforce Training! Apply for the Mesa Impactship Program: Interning with a Purpose
- Be a current SDCCD/Mesa College student (Apply online at http://www.sdmesa.edu/apply/)
- Secure a job, internship, or volunteer position (Paid or Unpaid)
- Watch the Online Work Experience Orientation and complete the Orientation Quiz (Save quiz as file (PDF) to your computer as you will need to upload the file into WE Application)
- Complete the Online Work Experience Application - Watch the WE Application Tutorial below for assistance as needed. Spring 2023 Application is now available!
- Completion of Employer Agreement by Site Supervisor (emailed to Site Supervisor automatically once student WE Application has been submitted)
- On-Campus Placements ONLY - Complete the SDCCD Volunteer Form - Only required of students working in an ON-CAMPUS department in an UNPAID position.
- CHIL 270 + 151 Students ONLY - Complete the Child Development Vaccination Form and provide proof of immunizations.
- Attend mandatory Faculty Work Experience Orientation with Work Experience Instructor (in-person or remote, details provided by faculty)
- Sexual Harassment Prevention Training: The SDCCD Sexual Harassment Training is no longer required in order to receive an add code to enroll in a Work Experience course. Students will recieve an email upon enrollment to self-enroll in Canvas to complete this requirement by the end of term.
CHILD DEVELOPMENT STUDENTS - Need CHIL 151 as a co-requisite to CHIL 270? Students pursuing the Child Development degree must take CHIL 151 and 270 together as combo classes at the same institution because the class content and field experience assignments are aligned. CHIL 151/270 will only be offered through City College during the Spring 2023 semester. Please contact the CHIL 270 instructor for details on how to enroll.
Upon submission of your Work Experience Application, the assigned Work Experience Instructor for your class will review your submitted forms for accuracy and completion. Once ALL forms and requirements are approved, the Work Experience Instructor will send an email to you with an ADD/permission # to enroll in the Work Experience class shortly before the semester begins.
COVID-19 ADJUSTMENTS: Both in-person or remote work will be accepted for Work Experience. In addition, the WE faculty orientation and site visits, which typically occur in-person, may take place virtually, most likely via Zoom. For more detailed information, please visit the SDCCD Work Experience website. Students completing in-person placements are highly encouraged to follow all health and safety protocols outlined by the CDC, Public Health Officials, and employment site.
Questions? Please contact Shawn Fawcett, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.