- Mesa Impactship Program (MIP) - $$ for Workforce Training
- WE Class List
- Steps to Enroll
- Application Resources
- WE Toolkit - Forms
- Internship Preparation Help
- Frequently Asked Questions
Pavel Consuegra, Ph.D.
internship coaching & support
Get assistance in finding and securing an internship with one of Mesa's Internship Coordinators! From internships, volunteer opportunities, Work-Based Learning, and more, we are here to help! Students and alumni can meet 1:1 with a Mesa Internship Coordinator to match your career goals, skills, and interests with workforce training opportunities.
|Mesa College Internship Coordinators|
|Pavel Consuegra||Carole Thompson|
To request an appointment with a Mesa Internship Coordinator, follow these steps:
- Log into our SDCCD Handshake Job Board (see additional details below)
- Go to the “Career Center” drop down menu located at the top right-hand of your profile
- Click on “Appointments”
- Click on “Schedule A New Appointment”, select “Mesa Campus” with the topic of “Internship Coaching (Internship Coordinator)-Mesa College”.
Learn more about scheduling appointments in Handshake.
handshake job board - search, connect, & Apply
- Use your email linked to your MySDCCD Portal to create your account at sdccd.joinhandshake.com/login
- Complete your profile to search for jobs & internships based on major, interests, & more.
- Connect with employers, get job alerts, & apply with a few clicks. GET HIRED!
Need Help to Activate your Account? Please contact the Mesa Career Center at 619-800-3556 for assistance with activating your Handshake student account, job
searching, and applying for positions!
Work experience employer database
INTERNSHIP preparation Tools
- Resume Preparation Handbook - Tips to build a resume & stand out to employers!
- Cover Letter Handbook - A guide to writing a professional cover letter
- Job Search & Interviewing Tools - Online technology to help you land your next position
- Career Ready Guide - Self-paced tutorials to help you develop professional skills wanted by employers. Earn certificates for each skill or the full course to add to your resume!
career peer ambassadors
Career Peer Ambassadors are campus student leaders who are trained to facilitate students through career development and resources. Career Peers guide Mesa students through their career journeys by providing peer-to-peer coaching sessions on job searching, résumé writing, cover letter writing, and interview preparation, as well as other career readiness resources. Appointments are conducted in-person, over the phone, on zoom, or via email to accomodate busy schedules.
Schedule an appointment with a Mesa Career Peer at (619) 388-2777 or email@example.com.
free professional clothing - The stand
If you are preparing for employment opportunities and in need of FREE professional clothing, please stop by The Stand. Always dress for success!
The Stand is located in K105-K106. FREE food and professional clothing is offered to all students. For more information on The Stands on-going services, click here.
INTERNSHIP RESOURCE HANDBOOK
View the "Internship Resource Handbook" to learn more about internships such as the benefits of obtaining an internship, the
different types of internships available, and other resources.