Guided Majors & Mapping
Sunsetted Spring 2022
- Identify and explore mapping frameworks; seek input on these frameworks from the wider campus community (Academic and Counseling Faculty); develop a framework for implementation at Mesa College; make recommendations to the Mesa Pathways Committee (MPC) [GP Pillars 1, 2, 3]
- Identify and explore frameworks for Meta-Major/Areas of Interest/Academic Concentration/Student Goals/Name TBD; seek input on these frameworks from the wider campus community (Academic and Counseling Faculty, Career Center); develop a framework for implementation at Mesa College; make recommendations to the Mesa Pathways Committee (MPC) [GP Pillars 1, 2].
- Identify and explore frameworks for a Faculty Advising/Mentoring/Career Advising/Guidance Program/Faculty Support Agent/Name TBD; seek input on these frameworks from the wider campus community (Academic and Counseling Faculty); develop a framework for implementation at Mesa College; make recommendations to the Mesa Pathways Committee (MPC) [All GP Pillars]
- Identify systems of checks and balances through existing or new campus structures to ensure transparency and that these frameworks do no harmi to programs, faculty, staff, or students. Ongoing.
- Report on work and seek input and guidance from the MPC on items (1), (2), (3), and (4) above. Ongoing.
- Based on recommendations from the MPC, work to implement the frameworks identified in (1), (2), (3), and (4) above. Ongoing.
Guided Majors and Mapping Charge of the Committee/Mission Statement
- Outcome 2a will consist of presenting options and receiving feedback from all interested parties. The primary vehicles for this will be the Mesa Mixers, presentations at the Academic Senate, Classified Senate, Associated Students, Chair of Chairs, Deans’ Council, Admin Council, PCAB, and a Flex activity. Start of Fall 2020.
- Outcome 2b is a well-defined Framework that has been reviewed and approved by all interested parties. This outcome will be completed by the end of Fall 2020.
- Deadlines for implementation will be determined by the end of Fall 2020.
- Outcome 3a is a proposal for this program with a well-defined framework that has been reviewed by all interested parties, including the Academic Senate, Classified Senate, Associated Students, Chair of Chairs, Deans’ Council, Admin Council, and PCAB. End of Spring 2021.
- Outcome 3b is implementation of this program. Due to the likely impact of this program on Faculty workload, elements of it will need to be negotiated by the District and the AFT before such a program can be implemented. It is unclear how long this would take and this work is beyond the purview of this Workgroup.
Meetings are held on the 2nd and 4th Friday of the month from 12:45-2:00pm. Meetings are being held virtually until further notice.
|Spring Semester 2021|
Agendas & Meeting Notes:
|Spring Semester 2021||Fall Semester 2020|
|Spring Semester 2020||Fall Semester 2019|
|Name||Title||Department / Program / Affiliations|
|Ian Duckles (Co-Chair)||Faculty||Philosophy|
|Cynthia Rico (Co-Chair)||Faculty||Counseling|
|Stephen Alison||Pathways Fellow/Outreach||Pathways|
|Donna Cecil||Faculty||Child Development|
|Katlin Choi||Faculty||Work-Based Learning|
|Claudia Estrada-Howell||Supervisor||Career, Transfer and Evaluations Center|
|Holly Jagielinski||Faculty||Allied Health|
|Candance Katungi||Faculty||Black Studies|
|Alicia Lopez||Classified Professional||Career, Transfer and Evaluations Center|
|Thekima Mayasa||Faculty||Black Studies|
|Ailson Mona||Classified Professional||Office Dean of Allied Health|
|Claudia Perkins||Faculty||Student Rights and Responsibilities|
|Olivia Picolla||Classified Professional||Career, Transfer and Evaluations Center|
|Tina Recalde||Dean||Allied Health|
|Jocelyn De Santiago||Pathways Fellow/Outreach||Sociology|
|Jay Van Kirk||Faculty||Psychology|
|Manuel Velez||Faculty||Chicano Studies|
|Nhi Vu||Pathways Fellow/Social Media||Pathways|