Direct Subsidized Loan Auto-Packaging
FEDERAL DIRECT SUBSIDIZED LOAN AUTOPACKING *NEW*
Dear Mesa Student.
San Diego Mesa College understands that students may experience difficult and overwhelming financial hardships. In an effort to address these concerns, the Financial Aid Office will begin auto-packaging the Federal Direct Subsidized Loan Program to federal aid applicants that meet the eligibility criteria. Eligibility criteria will include:
• San Diego Mesa College is your Campus of Record
• Your File Review Status is Complete
• You have an ISIR (Student Aid Report) which is Official (valid EFC)
• You meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) for Financial Aid Recipients
• Your Verification status has been documented as Complete or was Not Required
• You do not have a prior Bachelor degree
• You are not a high school student or admitted on a provisional admission’s status
• You are not receiving financial aid from another school
• You do not already have a Direct Loan for the academic year
• You have not withdrawn from school for the term within the Aid Year
• Your Student Budget balance is greater than $100
Please note that the purpose of auto-packaging Federal Direct Subsidized loans is to inform students of available resources or options in a comprehensive and convenient format; Mesa College does not encourage students to increase their level of debt or engage in unnecessary loan borrowing. Be advised that additional steps will be required to be completed by students who accept borrowing funds.
- Offered award amounts for loans will not automatically disburse and will need to either be accepted/updated or declined in MySDCCD portal.
- Loans in offered status will not pay for mandatory fees or be refunded to you.
- Please check your "To Do List" for any outstanding loan requirements needing to be fulfilled once you have accepted the loan in Self Service.
- Once you have accepted your loan you will not be able to make any additional updates to the award in Self Service once it has been sent for origination [origination happens once the loan eligibility is processed sent/received and accepted by the Federal Student Aid (FSA) Central Processing System (CPS)].
- You must be enrolled in at least 6 units for the term(s) you are accepting a Federal Direct Loan.
- If you have declined your offered award, you will not be able to make additional updates to accept/increase the loan award amount.
- For changes after an accepted loan has been processed, please contact the Financial Aid Office.
How to Accept/Decline the loan
Login to http://my.sdccd.eduand click on the "College Student Dashboard"
There are two methods to access the Accept/Decline Awards
Click the Accept/Decline Awards
Click the Aid Year link you would to view. Award information will be listed by Aid Year and terms.
Note: If you accessed the Accept/Decline Awards link through the pagelet you will not need to select aid year.
Click the Accept/Decline Awards
To accept, reduce or decline an individual award listed, mark the corresponding Accept or Decline checkbox for each award.
Click the Accept All button to accept all awards offered. This action will mark each of the checkboxes in the Accept column, and insert the Offered amount into the Accepted field.
NOTE: Not all awards that are listed in the Award Package section are able to be accepted, declined or updated. For those awards the Accept and Decline checkboxes will be greyed out and you will be unable to update.
Click the Decline All button to decline all awards offered. This action will mark all each of the checkboxes in the Decline column
To Reduce an award, first accept it by clicking the corresponding Accept checkbox, edit the amount in the accepted box, then click the Update Totals button to recalculate the award total.
To cancel any selections you may have made, click the Clear All button.
Once you have completed the Accept/Decline awards section and selected your action, click Submit
Click the YES button to continue or the NO button to cancel.
Click the OK button.
NOTE: After click the OK button, you will be taken back to the Awards Package screen
updated: November 17, 21020 ~SD