- Application Periods
- Application Process
- Appeal Workshops
- CARES Act
- CARES Act Reporting
- Financial Assistance Grant
- Cost of Attendance
- Deadline Dates
- Experimental Site Initiative
- Employee Code of Conduct
- Online Resources
- Payment Disbursement Dates
- Programs Available
- Contact Us
- Student Learning Outcomes
- Terms of Agreement
- Return to Title IV Policy
- Work Study
- Verification Guidelines
- Virtual Counter
APPEAL PROCESS WORKSHOP DATES & TIMES
The Financial Aid Office of San Diego Mesa College offers Financial Aid Appeal workshops during each semesters' Appeal Submission windows. The Financial Aid Office highly recommends attending one of these workshops that focuses on the Financial Aid Appeal Process. This workshop focuses on the San Diego Mesa College Appeal Process for those students who have applied for Financial Aid (FAFSA or Dream App), who are disqualified due to SAP and who wish to enroll in coursework and appeal at MESA COLLEGE. (Please be aware that the information is applicable for the Mesa College Appeal process and may not have any significance for City or Miramar students. Please navigate to their web pages for information.)
Enrollment is first come/first served and limited to the first 30 students who sign up. Please check the dates below and visit or call the Financial Aid Office to sign up, or click the CLICK HERE links shown below to select a workshop to sign up. Please include your name, CSID#, workshop date that you would like to attend from the list below, and Financial Aid Office password (if you have one). You will receive a detailed registration email before the day of the workshop. Please submit registration requests a minimum of 24 hours prior to the scheduled workshop. Request recieved the day of may not be processed in time. . [the link below is strictly for signing up for an Appeal Workshop at SD Mesa College. Any other requests or spam will not be reviewed].
Please Note: Attendance at a workshop is not mandatory nor does it guarantee an approval, but may help give you a better understanding of the Financial Aid Appeal process as a tool for potential re-instatement. The information you will learn by attending a workshop prior to submitting your Financial Aid Appeal (such as key terminology, what may constitute an extenuating circumstance, detailed written statement and required supporting documentation), may help you to submit a more thorough appeal or come to an understanding if you don’t have a case for which to appeal. Due to the amount of material covered at the workshop please plan to be on time as the door will be closed after the session starts. Participants who are 15 minutes or more late will need to reschedule.
SCHEDULED APPEAL WORKSHOPS
||Fall 2022 Semester Appeal Submission Window: 7/11/2022 thru 11/18/2022|
|Spring 2023 Semester Appeal Submission Window: 11/14/2022 thru 5/5/2023|
||Summer 2023 Semester Appeal Submission Window: 5/8/2023 thru 7/21/2023|
|10:00AM - 12:00PM||ZOOM|
|10:00AM - 12:00PM||ZOOM|
|10:00AM - 12:00PM||ZOOM|
|3:00PM - 5:00PM||ZOOM|
To sign up, submit a request by using the REGISTER link shown on the date you wish to attend . Please include your name, CSID#, the
workshop date you would like to attend, and Financial Aid Office password (if you
have one). You should receive a confimation email with the registraion link.
Note: this link is strictly for signing up for an Appeal Workshop at SD Mesa College. Any other requests or spam will not be reviewed.
The Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) policy has changed as of the 2015-2016 school year. The SAP standards have been strengthened and the appeal process is now enforced more rigorously. Please click below to review the new standards.
Appeal Forms & Deadlines
- Fall 2022 Semester Appeal Submission Window: 7/11/22 thru 11/18/22
- Spring 2023 Semester Appeal Submission Window: 11/14/22 thru 5/05/23
- Summer 2023 Semester Appeal Submission Window: 5/08/23 thru 7/21/23
You can submit your completed Appeal form with all necessary documentation HERE: Submit Form Online
or by US Mail to:
San Diego Mesa College, Financial Aid Office
7250 Mesa College Drive, I3-107
San Diego, CA 92111
or via FAX 619.388.2824
Appeals are time-sensitive. They must be received by the Financial Aid Office complete (including all necessary documentation, statement(s) and Student Education Plan) no later than noon on the end date posted above or your last day of classes for the semester – whichever comes first. Incomplete appeal forms will not be considered. Federal regulations do not permit you to appeal for a prior term.
Instructions (in order):
- Strongly Recommended: Academic Transcripts from all prior institutions attended, turned in to the Records
Office (I4-102), regardless of your desire to use that academic history. Once posted
by the district you must formally request in the counseling office that all transcripts
be evaluated. This may take several weeks. High School transcripts are not required.
See school catalog on transcript submission requirements.
- Required: Copy of your official Comprehensive Academic Plan (All students must meet with a counselor for a comprehensive Financial Aid Appeal
Education Plan appointment.) signed by the counselor, based on your current educational
goal as stated on your Appeal Form must be included.. Additionally, if you appealed during the 2021-2022 academic year and you are following the same
Comprehensive Academic Plan on file in the Financial Aid Office with your prior appeal,
then, you will not need to submit a new signed copy. You are allowed to follow only
1 (ONE) Academic Plan. Contact the Counseling Center (I4-303) to make an appointment
with an Academic Counselor. If you are an EOPS, DSPS or Veterans student, please see
your assigned counselor in that For more information, visit the counseling web page
- Required: The Appeal Form (pages 5 and 6) fully completed including your detailed written explanation and supporting documentation, if available. Please Note: THIS IS AN APPEAL. You have been disqualified from receiving any Federal and/or State Financial Aid. Submitting an appeal form does not guarantee that you will receive financial aid funding. Make sure to include documentation that support statements made in your appeal letter such as (but not limited to) hospital bills, death certificate(s), etc. The Financial Aid Office highly recommends attending a workshop that focuses on the Appeal Process prior to submitting this form. Appeal workshops are offered throughout each semester Appeal Submission window. For more information, visit our website at: www.sdmesa.edu/financial-aid. Attending a workshop does not guarantee approval, but it may help you get a better understanding of the appeal process as a tool for re-instatement.
The decision of the Appeal Committee is final.
UPDATED November 2022 (SD)