Mesa Journeys



Contact Admissions

  • Room: I4-102
  • Hours for Spring 2023
    Monday - Thursday:
    8:00am - 6:00pm

    Fridays: 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
  • Contact:
    Office: 619-388-2682
Admissions FAQ

admissions FAQ

Applying and Registering for Courses 

Where do I go to apply for Admission?

The application to SD Mesa is a two step process.

Click this link and you will be taken to Open CCC Apply.  After creating your CCC account, log back into Open CCC and submit a SD Mesa application. 

You can also follow our College Student Guide on this link. 

What is Open CCC Apply? OpenCCC is a service of the California Community Colleges Chancellors Office, it's the application system for all CA community colleges. 
I am a previous student, do I need to re-apply? Former students who have not registered for courses in the last 3 semesters need to re-apply. You can do so by submitting an application from the college website: - the account will be active within 48 hours.
Where can I find my student ID?

Your student ID is in the welcome letter that was sent to the email you entered on the application when applying to the college.

Your Student ID is also known as your CSID, and User ID. 

If you can't locate it, you can submit a ticket on our MySDCCD Support Desk with a Government Issued Photo ID. 

Where do I create mySDCCD Account? 

Once you receive your welcome email with your 10 digit student ID (User ID, CSID), you can go to the mySDCCD account creation page.

You can also follow our College Student Guide on this link to create your portal account. 

How do I find classes?

Active student portal users (MySDCCD) can access the class schedule under “My Classes” 

If you are not a current student, you can access the class schedule through this link

How do I know my registration date/time?

Typically within 2 weeks of the class semester going live, registration appointments are posted on the College Student Dashboard in MySDCCD Portal. It'll be an orange row with a date and time when you can begin to register for the next term.

Look at our guide  

How to add a class?

Through your MySDCCD student portal >My Classes> Enrollment Add Classes> Enter class number or look up classes through “Class search”

How to get added to a waitlist? 

You would follow the steps for adding a class. On the 1st step of the enrollment, enrollment preferences, you would click on the "Waitlist if class is full" box. Click on this link to look at our guide

How to use Permission numbers?

You must drop yourself from the wait list in order to use the permission number once the class has started.

Login to MySDCCD portal, navigate to My Classes> Enrollment: Add Classes. From your shopping cart, enter the five-digit class number and then it will prompt you to enter the permission number (add code). Continue to Next, then step 2 out of 3 to fully enroll in the course.

How to get off the Waitlist?

The Waitlist will automatically move you up on the list. You will receive an email notification when you have been enrolled into the course. 

If you want to be dropped from the Waitlist: MySDCDD> My Classes> Enrollment Drop Classes> select class

What are the add/drop dates?

The add/drop deadlines are the last day students can add a course (once the semester has started) or drop with no “W” on record and qualify for a full refund. The class deadlines are available on the class schedule. For 16 wk courses, there is a 2-week period to add/drop. For short term courses, the dates are different. It is important that students pay attention to the start/end date of the course and note the important class deadlines for that class.  Look for the calendar icon.

How to crash a class?

During COVID- 19, to crash a course, you’ll need to email the instructor to request a permission number (add code). Here is the link to the faculty directory: 

How long before a student gets an email with user ID after applying?

It can take up to 48 hours for the application to process and for students to receive an invitation email with ID number. If it has been more than 48 hours and a student has not received an email, they are encouraged to submit a help ticket with a government issued photo ID to - so we can retrieve that information.

Need help swapping a Chemistry lecture/lab course.

For help swapping a Chemistry course, complete the Registration Worksheet found on this site: and email to the Admissions office at 

Pre-Requisites & Challenge Testing
How to clear pre-requisites online or through email?

Students need to email an unofficial transcript to along with name, student ID number and the class for which you want to clear. 


If you are a SD Mesa student, you can send an email to with your name, student ID number, the class for which you want to clear pre-requisites for with your unofficial transcripts. 

Where do I submit my official transcripts to be evaluated?

Due to the impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the office closure, we are not currently accepting hard copy transcripts; however, we are accepting electronic transcripts (PDF format).

When ordering a transcript, if the sending institution has partnered with Credentials/E-Scrip-Safe, the transcript will be sent as a PDF directly to the San Diego Community College District for City College, Mesa College, or Miramar College.

We are currently working to establish direct accounts with Parchment and the National Student Clearinghouse.  In the interim, regardless of the institution you are sending from, request to send the transcript to the following email address: 

Students are responsible for requesting official transcripts from each institution attended to be sent to SDCCD.

Transcripts from foreign institutions are not required.

Transcripts are only accepted from one year after issuance.

Please note that transcript evaluation is not automatic. Transcripts from ALL colleges/universities attended after graduating from high school need to be requested, received by SDCCD prior to the student requesting an official  evaluation. 

How long before my transcripts are evaluated? Transcripts will be evaluated within 75 business days following the student’s request to have the transcript evaluated. The request needs to be submitted through the Counseling Department.
How do I request official transcripts?

 Current students with an active MySDCCD account can request official transcripts through their "College Student Dashboard"  by selecting "Request Official Transcripts" in the "My Classes" folder. 

Former students can access our SDCCD Transcript Ordering Services on this link

What is on my official college transcripts from SDCCD? 

All coursework completed at San Diego City, Mesa or Miramar College is included on one transcript. There is no need to request a transcript from each (City, Mesa, Miramar) college. The first two transcripts issued are free of charge. Thereafter, transcripts cost $5.00 each.


How do I access my unofficial transcripts? 

Current students with an active MySDCCD account can view their unofficial transcripts through their "College Student Dashboard"  by selecting "View Unofficial Transcripts" in the "My Classes" folder. 

Former students may view their unofficial transcript through:

What if I forgot my student ID or don't know my 10 digit User ID/Student ID number to request transcripts?  Former students, we recommend viewing your unofficial transcripts first, before ordering official transcripts. You can use your Social security number to view your unofficial transcripts. The unofficial transcript has your 10 digit user ID/Student ID number and dates of enrollment (dates of attendance) which you will need for the official transcript request. 
What is the next step after submitting transcripts to Mesa? Transcript evaluation is not automatic. Once all transcripts from previous colleges are received, submit an official transcript evaluation request to the Counseling office. Call (619) 388- 2672 or email for assistance.



General Q&A

How to contact the faculty/instructor?


Faculty/Instructor emails are located on the SDCCD College Class Schedule located on this link. You can right-click the instructor name to copy the email address, or if you have your email connected to your browser, just click on their names to begin your email. 
How do I apply for an allied health program? Check the admissions and application process for each program on the SD Mesa Allied Health website
I made a mistake on my application and need to update my name, how do I update my name?

Please visit the following page for access and instructions regarding Name, Date of Birth and Social Security Changes:

When submitting the Update SSN, Name, Birthdate form to the support desk you will need to submit the following documentation via scan or photo:

 Name Change:

  • Federally Issued Photo ID (Driver's License, State ID Card, Passport, etc)
  • Legal Documentation for the change (Marriage Certificate, Divorce Decree, Naturalization/Citizenship, Petition for Name Change, etc)
How do I make a correction to my SSN? how to update SSN?

Visit the website listed below. Download and fill out Update SSN, Name and DOB form. Submit the form along with

  • Federally Issued Photo ID (Driver's License, State ID Card, Passport, etc)
  • Signed Social Security Card

I forgot to add my SSN, how do I add it to my student account?

Visit the website listed below. Download and fill out Update SSN, Name and DOB form. Submit the form along with a picture of Government issued ID and SSN card.

I got married/divorced, how do I update my legal name?

Visit the website listed below. Download and fill out Update SSN, Name and DOB form. Submit form along with Marriage certificate or Divorce decree and Government-issued photo ID with new name.

Need to change my name due to naturalization?

Visit the website listed below. Download and fill out Update SSn, Name and DOB form. Submit form along with copies of Naturalization certificate, Court order name change form and Government issued photo ID with new name.

There is a mistake on my DOB, how do I correct my DOB on file? Visit the website listed below. Download and fill out Update SSN, Name and DOB form. Submit form along with Government issued photo ID and Birth Certificate.
Where can I locate and submit forms?  All of our admissions forms can be downloaded and submitted on your district online form submission located on this link:
How do I clear my residency? How do I contact the residency staff?

The residency staff is here to help. They can be reached at please include your name and student ID in your email. Please note that only the staff on that email address can support you to determine your eligibility for California residency. 

HS student wanting to take a college course? 

If you are a current 11th or 12th grade student, wanting to take a college course at SD Mesa, please complete the Supplemental Application for High School Students via this link, the application process is fully online. 

SDCCD does not have an age requirement for enrollment, 

Change your home school from SD City or SD Miramar to SD Mesa? 

To change your home school, you will need to contact our counseling department to change your educational plan and secondly,  submit a "Other Miscellaneous (College of Record-COR- statement on the Financial Aid MySDCCD Support Desk

How can I reapply for readmission after a disqualification?

The first step in being readmitted after a disqualification, is to reach out to Counseling at 

How do I get my "Mesa HS Student" hold released? 

All high school students will have a high school hold on their account, preventing them from self-enrolling in classes. This hold remains on the student’s account, until proof of high school completion is provided to the college. High school students are enrolled by the College Admissions office, and are only allowed to drop classes.

How can I clear a disqualification hold and reapply for admission?

To clear this hold, please contact the Counseling office. Email: or call 619-388-2672

Once the hold has been released, you’ll have to submit an online application to active your account:

How do I clear residency? For residency, email  – include your student ID number and a government issued ID/Driver’s license. They will let you know what documents to provide for reclassification.
Who do I contact for Promise Program questions?

For questions regarding SD Promise, email or Google Voice Phone: (619) 800-2246 or (619) 800-2632

How can I contact Accounting?

To contact Student Accounting, email or call (619) 354- 1103 (M-R 8 am - 6 pm; Fridays: Fall & Spring Standard Friday Hours 8:00am - 1:00pm.

How long before a hold is removed once a payment is made?

After completing a payment, the hold is not removed automatically. It takes a couple of hours for the hold to be released.

How long before a student can access canvas after adding to schedule?

It takes about 4 hours for Canvas to reflect the recently added course. 

How do I drop a class? 

Students should drop courses via mySDCCD until the posted deadline. Find the important deadlines for dropping without a "W" and with a refund as well as the deadline to drop with a "W" by clicking the calendar icon next to the course information mysdccd calendar icon.

Students are responsible for dropping a course that they no longer wish to attend by the posted deadline or a letter grade will be assigned. Non-attendance WILL NOT guarantee that a student will be dropped from a course.

How to change campus of record?

To change the campus of record, please submit an “Other Miscellaneous (College of Record- COR- Statement” on the MySDCCD Support Desk located at:

With a photo of a government issued ID. 

After submitting a ticket with Financial Aid, contact the Counseling office for a drop-in to update your student education plan. Email: or call (619) 388- 2672 

This is the process to change college, or campus or record.