- Accelerated College Program
- Allied Health
- American Indian Studies
- American Sign Language
- Veterinary Technology
- Architecture and Environmental Design
- Asian American Studies
- Art & Fine Art
- Arts & Languages (School)
- Black Studies
- Building & Construction Technology
- Business & Technology (School)
- Chicano Studies
- Child Development
- Communication Studies
- Computer Business Technology
- Computer Information Science
- Culinary Arts
- Dental Assisting
- Digital Technology
- Dramatic Arts
- Exercise Science
- Geographic Information Systems
- Health Information Technology
- Health Information Management
- Health Sciences & Public Service (School)
- Humanities (School)
- Interior Design
- Liberal Arts
- Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Liberal Studies
- Mathematics & Natural Sciences (School)
- Medical Assisting
- Physical Science
- Physical Sciences
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Political Science
- Radiologic Technology
- Real Estate
- Social Behavioral Sciences & Multicultural Studies (School)
- Social Sciences
- Teacher Education
- Web Development
The next PTA Program application opens
April 5, 2021 at 12pm and closes May 20, 2021 at 12pm.
Click 'View Application Instructions' link below for details.
Communication regarding acceptance will begin via email by June 14, 2021. Emails will be sent to the email address included in the online application.
Confirmation of Acceptance must be returned via email by the date indicated.*
*Please be sure to respond by the date listed in the email as confirmation of acceptance response times change as the Fall semester approaches.
All applicants will receive an email the first week of July regarding their application status. Thank you.
The primary mission of the PTA Program at San Diego Mesa College is to provide excellence in the education and development of competent physical therapist assistants that provide high quality patient care through evidence based practice to diverse populations and become leaders within the health care community and profession.
goals for graduates
- Select and perform safe and effective interventions within the:
- PTA scope of practice.
- Physical therapist’s plan of care.
- Demonstrate knowledge of California physical therapy laws and regulations.
- Demonstrate ethical and professional behaviors consistent with professional standards and practice.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, as appropriate for a PTA.
- Participate in self-assessment and develop plans to improve knowledge, skills, and behavior as appropriate for a PTA.
RSVP's are not required for attendance at the one-hour information session. Information sessions are held via the Zoom link below.
Wednesday October 21, 2020 6pm - 7pm
Thursday December 3, 2020 5:30pm - 6:30pm
Monday February 22, 2021 5:30pm - 6:30pm
Thursday March 11, 2021 5:30pm - 6:30pm
The program is challenging and full-time commitment to the program is recommended.
Licensure Examination Pass Rate
2019 First time Pass Rate - 95%, Ultimate Pass Rate - 100%
2020 First Time Pass RAte - 81%, Ultimate Pass Rate - 85.7%
95% of our graduates in 2018 and 2019 sought employment after passing the licensure exam and succeeded.
The Physical Therapist Assistant Program at San Diego Mesa College is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314; telephone: 703-706-3245; email: email@example.com; website: http://www.capteonline.org. If needing to contact the program/institution directly, please call Amanda Johnston 619-388-2229 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Approved by the Physical Therapy Board of California