ContactOffice: Room I4-203 (2nd floor)
- Alexi Balaguer
Senior Student Services Assistant
- Agustin Rivera
PEER NAVIGATOR PROGRAM
The Peer Navigator program is designed to support new students transition to Mesa who have just graduated from high school, have not attended college in the last three years, coming from Continuing Education, the Armed Forces, and adult learners who have not attended college. Peer Navigators help students through mentoring, monthly contacts, workshops, and events throughout the academic year. The program also helps Peer Navigators by building leadership skills, developing professionalism, and gaining new opportunities from being active at Mesa.
San Diego Mesa College Peer Navigator Program is designed to guide and mentor new students through their first year of college. Students will achieve academic success and personal development through peer support and empowerment while providing professional growth and learning opportunities for Peer Navigators.
The Peer Navigators
- Serve as mentors to new students at Mesa
- Play an important role in student success and equity
- Support students with the transition to college and enhance their college experience
- Experience leadership and new learning opportunities
- Develop a strong foundation in professionalism
- Host events for students to build a sense-of-belonging in the community
- Positively impact San Diego Mesa College students
- Provide useful data to improve the program
Meet our peer navigators
Student Events and ActivitiesBrowse our Events
Visit the avanza engagement center!
The AVANZA Engagement Center (AEC), is open to all students, and focuses on integrating the Latinx student experience into the Mesa College culture. The Center is home to the Peer Navigator program, CRUISE participants, and provides the space necessary for mentoring to take place. In addition, the Center promotes Latinx culture, explores Latinx identity, and self-awareness.
- Located in I4-203 on the second floor of the Student Services Building (I-400 Building)
Hours during the Fall and Spring semesters:
- Mondays: 8:00am - 6:00pm
- Tuesdays: 8:00am - 6:00pm
- Wednesdays: 8:00am - 6:00pm
- Thursdays: 8:00am - 6:00pm
- Fridays: 8:00am - 1:00pm