- Accelerated College Program
- Bridges to the Baccalaureate
- College Newspaper
- Mesa College Theatre
- Museum Studies
- Music Ensembles
- Personal Growth
- CRUISE Program
- Mesa Tutoring & Computing Center
- Work Experience
Welcome to the Mesa Honors Program
Some Quick Facts about our program
- Honors is a great way to join a community of students pursuing similar goals, connect
with faculty, and engage your intellectual imagination.
- You do not have to have prior experience as an honors students and there are no GPA
requirements to create an honors contract.
- Honors does not add to or otherwise change your GPA.
- You are an Honors student and part of the program, even when you only take one honors
course or convert one class to Honors using a contract.
- You can turn any 15 week, transfer level course into an honors class with an honors contract (as long as your Professor agrees). You can also register for a 15 week Honors Course when you register for classes.
Honors certificates and UCLA Tap
HOW TO turn any class into an honors class
- Make sure your class is transfer level (100 or higher).
- Ask your professor if they would be open to collaborating with you on creating an Honors Contract for their course.
- Work with your professor to create 3-5 projects/assignments for the Honors Contract.
- Thy will invite you to apply using the SDCCD web portal.
- Complete and submit the Honors Contract.
- There is no need to do anything further. Someone from the Honors team will contact you if there are questions/concerns about your submission.
Visiting this page is your first step toward becoming an honors student!