2021-2022Go to Department Page
Retail Management Program
The Retail Management program is accredited by the Western Association of Food Chains and provides you with the skills retailers are actively looking for in their employees. Retail is growing and the need for people with skills in budgeting, leadership, management, marketing, and technology is at an all-time high. The Retail Management Certificate will provide you with these valuable skills plus serve as the first step towards an exciting career in retail.
The Certificate of Achievement is available to anyone wanting to advance or begin a career in retail and can be completed in as little as one year. Classes are offered online to accommodate working professionals.
Scholarships and Tuition Reimbursement
California Grocers Association: College Scholarships and Tuition Reimbursement
Retail Store Operations & Management Occupations
With over 42 million people in the industry, Retail accounts for 1 in 4 jobs in the United States:
- General and Operations Managers: approx. $23.80 - $ 49.18 per hour
- Sales Managers: approx. $24.86 - $73.19 per hour
- Supervisors of Retail Sales Workers: approx. $14.56 - $32.70 per hour
Retail Management Pathway
- Certificate of Achievement: Retail Management
- Associate in Science in Business Administration for Transfer Degree
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration
Certificate of achievement in retail management
- Eight courses
- Eight weeks each in length (*except for CBTE 180)
- Fully Online
On this page
Retail Management Coursework = 25 Units
- ACCT 116A: Financial Accounting - 4 Units
- BUSE 119: Business Communication - 3 Units
- BUSE 150: Human Relations in Business - 3 Units
- BUSE 201: Business Organization and Management - 3 Units
- BUSE 210: Human Resources Mangement - 3 Units
- CBTE 180: Mircosoft Office - 3 Units
- MARK 100: Principles of Marketing - 3 Units
- MARK 110: Principles of Retailing - 3 Units
Students, please complete the appropriate form and email it to Howard Eskew.
Grocery Stores - WAFC Partner Application
WAFC Partner Company RMC Application Mesa
All Other Industries - WAFC Application
WAFC Industry Application Mesa
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES
Students who complete the Retail Management Certification will gain:
- Critical Thinking: Students will be able to analyze, prepare, and present solutions to business problems, apply business concepts in a decision-making environment, and evaluate and weigh evidence in the course of deriving conclusions concerning alternative courses of action, using inductive and deductive logical reasoning and methodological processes.
- Communication: Students will be able to articulate and explain outcomes in writing and speaking, as well as by other contemporary recognized modes of business communication.
- Self-awareness and Interpersonal Skills: Students will recognize and respect the business opinions and perspectives of others, and they will be able to work effectively with superiors, peers, and subordinates in organized group settings.
- Personal Awareness and Civic Responsibility: Students will be able to analyze and accept responsibility for their own actions and make ethical decisions in the business environments.
- Global/Technological Awareness: Students will be able to identify and understand global business issues.
Howard Eskew, Associate Professor