Do you feel you are OVER-QUALIFIED for a particular math course? If so, you may challenge the course, possibly qualifying to enroll in the next higher course. First review the Process to ensure that you qualify to take a challenge exam.
Steps to take:
- READ the Topics/Description (below) for the desired class.
- TAKE the appropriate Practice/Sample Exams (below).
- CHECK your answers (below).
- If you feel you are ready to take the actual exam prior to the start of the semester, contact Admissions (Jim Arnegard) and arrange a time to take the exam. To take the exam during the first week of the semester you need to contact the Department Chair.
- After passing the appropriate exam, discuss your options with the Department Chair or your current instructor.
- If after reviewing the topics you feel you need a quick refresher, take the appropriate Math 15 Refresher Course. The appropriate refresher is listed next to each of the courses below.
NOTE: You MUST take (and pass) the exam no later than the end of the first week of a semester. The Add/Drop deadline still applies. Remember, it takes time to grade these exams. So get started EARLY! Challenge exams can not be retaken!!!!!