Workshops & Events
The Transfer Center offers over 100 workshops and events throughout the semester in the areas of:
- Application Assistance
- Special Events
- Transfer Planning
- University Events and Visits
You are invited to take a bus trip with Mesa College to attend the 18th Annual Black College Expo in Los Angeles Convention Center on Saturday, February 11th from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.. Space is limited. To sign up come to the Transfer Center as soon as possible. $15 refundable deposit is required.
A UCSD representative will be holding one-on-one appointments to answer your transfer questions about the UC System. Call the Transfer Center at 619-388-2473 or visit us in I4-306 to sign up for a 15 minutes appointment with the UC representative.
- Tuesday, November 29th, 9:15 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Transfer Planning Workshops
Small, hands-on group sessions cover admissions requirements to your target universities and how you can best prepare yourself. In addition, you will obtain information on creating an educational plan for transfer.
Transfer Admission Guarantees (TAGs) as well as, admissions requirements, processes, and deadlines will be discussed. The small group format allows you to ask questions and receive answers promptly as well as give you the tools to obtain additional information.
Call or come by the Transfer Center to sign up for any of the planning groups below. All workshops are located in the Transfer Center, room I4-306 unless otherwise noted.
You may complete your UC or CSU online application. Help is available on a walk-in basis or in workshops. Learn how to properly complete a UC or CSU application. We review the information you need to gather to prepare your application, explain what the questions mean, and answer your questions about the application and transfer process. You can come into the center any time to apply online.
UC Application Workshop
- University of California applications are open now. You can start working on your transfer admission planner (TAP) and the application and submit it during the month of November. Please visit the Transfer Center if you have any questions. This power point can guide you with your application process. Click here for more tips and tools.
CSU Application Workshop:
- Cal Poly Pomona is open for Winter 2017 semester!
- CSU Bakersfield, CSU Channel Islands, CSU Chico, CSU Dominguez Hills, CSU Fresno, CSU Fullerton, CSU Long Beach, CSU Monterey Bay, CSU Sacramento, CSU Stanislaus, Humboldt State University, San Francisco State University, and Sonoma State University are open for the Spring 2017 semester for transfer and first year applicants. For more information and apply, visit: http://www.csumentor.edu/Filing_Status/Default.asp
- Most California State Universities accept Spring 2016 transfer applications. The requirements and procedures for the special admission may vary by school. Please contact the Veterans office at your perspective school for more information.
Need help with GPA calculation? Download this GPA calculation sheet Fillable Excel (save to computer for future use) or attend a workshop:
►The Common Application - Walk-in to the Transfer Center to receive assistance with your application.
Common Applications Workshops
- Wednesday December 7th from 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
Online Tools Resources
►SDSU Supplemental Application Workshops
- Tuesday December 6th from 10:00 - 11:00 a.m.
- Wednesday December 14th from 2:00 - 3:00 p.m.
Have you been denied transfer. You might be eligible to appeal the decision. Come to a workshop to find out if and how to appeal.
►General UC Transfer / UC TAG : The UC Transfer Admissions Guarantee (TAG) submission deadline was September 30th for Fall 2015. General information on UC TAG can be obtained online and in the UC General Transfer Workshop.
- Comming soon...
►University Link Program: Learn about this special transfer Guarantee program to UCSD. Available to students in their first year of college, Veterans and Foster Youth.
- Comming soon...
►UCSD Transfer: Learn about general transfer to University California San Diego (UCSD). A must attend for anyone interested in transferring to UCSD.
- Comming soon...
►SDSU Transfer: Learn about transfer to San Diego State University (SDSU), including the transfer guarantee program and the associate degree with a guarantee. A must attend for anyone interesting in transferring to SDSU.
- Wednesday, November 30th from 10:30 - 11:30 a.m.
►General CSU/ADT Transfer: Learn about transferring to the California State University (CSU) system. This workshop includes information on the Associate Degree for Transfer.
- coming soon...
University Events and Visits
The Transfer Center is pleased to host special workshops and visits from University Representatives.
Online transfer events are also available.
Summer University Representative Visits
Academy of Art University:
Thursday, 12/8 from 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Columbia College-San Diego:
- Wednesday, 11/30 from 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, 11/29 from 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
University of California, Santa Barbara:
Virtual College Fairs
CollegeWeekLive is the leading FREE Online College Fair and admissions event website. Students that are interested in transferring can connect to admissions reps from 250+ colleges and see current college student video webcasting about campus life. Admissions experts will be presenting live via video. Scholarships and special promotions are available to students who login to attend CollegeWeekLive events. Visit www.collegeweeklive.com and register for free.