ATTENTION TO ALL STUDENTS:
Due to the current situation with COVID-19, campus is closed to students until further notice and services are limited. Departments will be assisting students remotely. For more information and updates, please visit the SDCCD Coronavirus news center here: https://www.sdccd.edu/coronavirus/index.aspx
HOW TO CONTACT US:
For assistance, our phone/email hours will be Monday - Thursday from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and Fridays from 9:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Google voice: 619-800-3269. Please be ready with your Mesa College ID number so we can better assist you. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions after hours of operation, please email us at email@example.com and we will respond within 3-5 business days. Please do not forget to include your Mesa College ID number in the email, so we can better assist you.
Use this link for more information regarding online services at SD Mesa College:
Student Services Online Resources
Workshops & Events
Spring 2021 welcome week activities:
Join the Transfer, Career, and Evaluations Center in Welcome Week Activities (February 1st-5th, 2021)! See flyer for more information and registration details.
TRANSFER APPLICATION NEXT STEPS:
Have you applied to a four year university? Many schools require students to update their applications and/or complete a supplemental application. Join a transfer application next step Open Lab to get help with your supplemental applications, CSU and UC Updates. Every school may have a different supplemental application deadline. SDSU Supplemental application is due January 25, 2021. UC and CSU updates are due January 31, 2021.
- Friday, January 22, from 10:00 am - 2:00 pm.
- Monday, January 25 , from 3:00 - 5:00 pm. SDSU Supplemental Application is due tonight.
- Tuesday, January 26, from 12:00 - 2:00 pm.
- Wednesday, January 27, from 10:00 am - 12:00 pm.
- Thursday, January 28, from 12:00 - 2:00 pm.
- Friday, January 29, from 10:00 am - 12:00 pm.
SDSU SUPPLEMENTAL APPLICATION RESOURCES:
- Fall 2021 Transfer Application Next Step PowerPoint
- Fall Steps to Apply- Step 3: Complete the online SDSU Supplemental Application (January 22, 2021 deadline)
- Transfer Application Next Step Open Lab Recording
- GPA Calculation Sheet - Excel Fillable
- GPA Calculator Tutorial
- GPA Calculation Sheet Dos & Dont's!
Are you interested in transferring to a four-year university? Get your transfer questions answered by a Transfer Center representative. Click here to register in advance for this meeting and to receive the zoom link.
CSU APPLICATION ASSISTANCE
- Please complete this application planning tool BEFORE you sign up to the CSU application Workshop. Your organization and pre-planning will assist us with a smooth CSU Application process. This will be your confirmation to move on to the virtual CSU application workshop
- Cal State Apply Help Center
- CSU Application Guide PowerPoint: Cal State Apply application important information & key updates only presentation
- CSU Application Guide
- CSU Application
- CSU Application FAQs
- For the Fall 2021 application term: Cal State Apply application tutorial Youtube video (step-by-step) click here
- CSU Application Fee Waiver, If financial circumstances have changed for 2020, applicants will need to contact the CSU campus directly to request a fee waiver. Campuses may use a Fee Waiver Appeal form or some other method to receive requests. If approved, a coupon code that covers the cost of the application is provided by the campus. Applicants should complete (not submit) the application in full as soon as possible to confirm they are not eligible for the fee waiver based on 2019 income information and then contact the campus(es) to request a fee waiver appeal. Some campuses have students work with the financial aid office for this but the process at each campus may vary. Applicants may contact the campus admission office via the general email found here.
- Application fee waiver appeals are also still available. If a student’s family has experienced a significant change in income between 2019 income, reported on their application, and 2020 they may qualify for an application fee waiver appeal. Fee waiver appeals are handled by the individual CSU campuses. The student would need to contact each campus(es) they are interested in applying. Contact information for campuses can be found here.
- The fee waiver appeal form is available on the Application Fee Waiver site.
- CSU Application fee waiver appeals for San Francisco State University should be submitted to us by Thursday January 28, 2021 at the latest since January 31 lands on a weekend.
- CSU Campuses Contact Info
UC APPLICATION ASSISTANCE
- UC San Diego Transfer Application Video
- UC Transfer Application Upate (TAU) Video Guide
- UC Santa Barbara UC Application Overview: 10 Steps Tutorial
- UC Transfer Application
- UC Transfer Application Planner( TAP)
- UC Personal Insight Question Video Guide
- UC Application Guide
- UC TAG Matrix
- UC TAG Workshop PowerPoint
- Click here for our Fall 2020 Transfer Events Flyer
- UC Application Fee Waiver, If students do not qualify for a fee waiver based on 2019 income, the student should select the ‘pay by mail’ option, submit the application, and then email the UC Application Center (firstname.lastname@example.org) asking for a fee waiver based on 2020 income. These requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis, but the student must submit the application first before requesting the fee waiver. There is no fee to waive if the student hasn’t actually submitted the application yet. (Ask UC, email@example.com)
- Please note that once the application has been submitted students cannot make any edits to content. They can make changes to their contact information and in January they will submit their Fall grades and make any changes to what they had initially planed for Spring. They cannot make any changes to PIQs, activities, courses for prior terms (before FA20) or add any other academic history. If they discover an error, they can add a comment in the TAU in January.
Common Application ASsistance
- Common application guide
- Common application link
- Common App Transfer Login You can go directly to the transfer login page however I would recommend that you check out the main page first using the Common application link
- Common App Help Center, YOU WILL FIND: starting your common app for transfer, filling out your Common App for transfer, sending your official transcripts to the common app for transfer, submitting and monitoring your common app for transfer
- Instructions for the Transfer College Report for the Common Application: Student Affairs has created a simple process for the student to follow. It can be found here
Academic Renewal for Transfer Workshop
A virtual session and PowerPoint that covers the process of different types of academic renewals and how they may be used in transfer process.
- Academic Renewal for Transfer PowerPoint Please use the power point if you need to take note as you watch the power point
- Academic Renewal for Transfer Workshop ( Youtube Video)
5 Steps to Transfer and Career Workshop
If you are planning to transfer to a four year university, and if you want to make sure the major that you picked and the school that you plan to apply to is the best fit for you, this is a great workshop for you. This recording will give you some insight about transferring and picking a major.
CSU ADT Workshop
A virtual session and PowerPoint that covers requirements for the CSU ADT program and information on how you can best prepare yourself. In addition, you will obtain information on creating an educational plan for transfer.
- CSU ADT PowerPoint Please use the power point if you need to take note as you watch the power point
- CSU ADT Workshop (Youtube Video)
SDSU Transfer Pathways Workshop
This workshop covers admissions requirements to SDSU and information on how you can best prepare yourself. Transfer Admission Guarantees (TAG), Associate Degree with a Guarantee (ADT), as well as, admissions requirements, processes, and deadlines will be discussed.
- SDSU Transfer Pathways PowerPoint Please use the power point if you need to take note as you watch the power point
- SDSU Transfer Pathways Workshop (Youtube Video)
UC TAG Workshop
A virtual session and PowerPoint that covers requirements for the UC TAG program and information on how you can best prepare yourself. In addition, you will obtain information on creating an educational plan for transfer.
- UC TAG PowerPoint Please use the power point if you need to take note as you watch the power point
- UC TAG Workshop (Youtube Video)
UC San Diego University Link Workshop
A virtual session and PowerPoint that covers requirements for for the UC San Diego University Link. A Guaranteed admission program between local San Diego Community Colleges and UC San Diego.
- UC San Diego University Link PowerPoint Please use the power point if you need to take note as you watch the power point
- UC San Diego University Link (Youtube Video)
UCSD Transfer Pathways Workshop
A virtual session and PowerPoint that covers admissions requirements to UCSD and information on how you can best prepare yourself. Admission requirements, processes, and deadlines will be discussed.
- UCSD Transfer Pathways PowerPoint Please use the power point if you need to take note as you watch the power point
- UCSD Transfer Pathways Workshop(Youtube Video)
Appeal Information for denied transfer admission
Have you been denied admission to your desired transfer institution for Fall 2020? Check back regularly for more resources and tips on how to appeal your admission decision.