Transfer Center Coordinator
Supervisor, Transfer Center | Evaluations | Career Center
Senior Student Service Assistant
Hours: Monday - Thursday, 8:00am - 6:00pm Friday, 8:00am - 3:00pm
Find Us on Facebook
Welcome to the Transfer Center
Transfer Center Mission
The Transfer Center is the focal point of transfer activities on campus. The Transfer Center serves as a resource center for students to become experts of their transfer goals and to successfully transfer.
*We now have drop-in transfer counseling on most Fridays. Please make sure you have an application on file. Call 619-388-2473 for drop-in times and any questions you might have.
UC and CSU Application Updates
- University of California applications are open now. You can start working on your transfer admission planner (TAP) and the application and submit it during the month of Novmeber. Please visit the Transfer Center if you have any questions. This power point can guide you with your application process. Click here for more tips and tools.
Transfer Day, November 15th 2016 4p.m.-7p.m. @ the Mesa Promenade
Mesa’s first evening transfer fair of the year may be the one for you.
On November 15th 2016 you will have the opportunity to discuss transfer planning and articulation with more than 40 California State University (CSU), University of California (UC), Independent/Private or Out-of-State Colleges and Universities. The college representatives provide information with regard to the application process, financial aid, and scholarships that are available. Most of the colleges participating have transfer agreements in place with Mesa.
- We have planned several bus trips for Fall 2016. You are invited to take a bus trip with Mesa College to tour the following campuses and attend on-site information sessions. Space is limited. To sign up come to the Transfer Center as soon as possible or give us a call. $20 refundable deposit is required.
Transfer Center Outreach:
You can't come to us? We will visit you! Our transfer staff can come visit you in your classrooms to answer your transfer related questions. The Transfer Center staff will also be set up in the Café Breezeway (between the cafeteria and bookstore) on Mondays and Thursdays.
Trustees vote to expand CSU transfer program
The SDCCD Board approved an additional seven Associate Degree for Transfer programs, on top of the 11 Associate Degrees for Transfer approved earlier this year, bringing the total number approved by the board to 65. The latest Associate Degree for Transfer programs were approved in Biology, Chemistry, and Economics at San Diego City College; Chemistry and Music at San Diego Mesa College; and Biology and Chemistry at San Diego Miramar College. The programs now go to the California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office for final approval. The programs now go to the California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office for final approval. Learn more...Attention CSU Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) Students The San Diego Community College District will automatically verify a student’s ADT status with the CSU system if:
- The student indicated on their CSU application that they will be receiving an ADT from City, Mesa, or Miramar Colleges
- The student has petitioned to graduate with their ADT by February 12, 2016.
Students who have already graduated with and ADT should send their official transcripts to the appropriate CSU to provide verification on their ADT. If you have questions regarding the status of your ADT Degree, please contact the Mesa Evaluations Office.
- Emancipated Youth Scholarship up to $5000: This is a great scholarship opportunity for Transfer Students. Potential scholars must meet the Change a Life Scholarship program criteria. If you meet the criteria you must complete a scholarship application online and upload all required supplemental information to the Foundation by the application deadline date. For more information please visit the Change a Life Foundation website.
- We are thrilled to announce that a veteran from San Diego Mesa College has been selected for the Posse Veterans Program this year! Daniel Rodriguez will be attending Wesleyan University as a member of their third class of Veterans Posse Scholars. You can be the next Veterans Scholar. you may receive a four-year, full-tuition leadership scholarships from Posse’s partner institutions of higher education. Please visit Posse Veterans Program website for more information.
- Humboldt State University will add two new programs to Impaction for Fall 2017; Social Work and Environmental Science. Look at the "proposed" list of classes that will be used in the selection process so they can be prepared when you apply in October 2016. Please review Humboldt State University Impaction website for more details: http://www2.humboldt.edu/admissions/impaction/ It will remain impacted at the transfer level for the following majors: Wildlife, Zoology, Biology, Botany, Environmental Resource, and Engineering. For detailed information, please visit Humboldt Transfer Admissions web site.
The Transfer Center offers a variety of resources and services for your individual transfer needs.
- Transfer Workshops
- Computer Stations
- Friendly Staff
- Educational Plan
- College Catalogs
- General Education Sheets
- College Brochures
- Articulation Agreements
- Visits from University Representatives
- Special Events
Educational Plan appointments are available throughout the semester, but will be limited to students who have met with a transfer counselor before via walk-in. Students are required to meet the following criteria prior to scheduling a counseling appointments one week in advance:
- MUST BE ENROLLED IN AT LEAST ONE CLASS FOR THE CURRENT SEMESTER
- Completed the math and English assessments OR an English and math class
- Official transcripts of all colleges attended on file
- Official transcripts must be evaluated for course equivalency
The Transfer Center offers many different workshops to meet your particular transfer interests. See Events pages for details. Be sure to register. Topics include:
- UC TAG Information
- Admission Appeals
- UCSD Transfer
- UCSD U Links Program
- SDSU Transfer
- CSU ADT Information
- Common Applications
Student Learning Outcomes
After using the resources of the Transfer Center, student will have:
- Awareness of transfer services on campus and online.
- Demonstrated use of transfer General Education sheets.
- Demonstrated use of articulation agreements.
- Articulate transfer requirements specific to their goal.
- Demonstrated Use of online university application systems.
- Awareness of transfer deadlines.
- Implement Transfer Admission Guarantees (TAG) and admission program requirements.