- Associated Students
- Complaint Process
- Disciplinary Clearance Process
- Sexual Assault Awareness
- Student Clubs
- Student Conduct
- Student Policies
M-Th: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Friday: 8:00am - 3:00pm
- Jennifer Park
Senior Student Services Assistant
- Zulma Duran
Sr. Administrative Assistant
- Claudia Perkins
- Student Rights & Responsibilities
- Victoria Kerba Miller
Dean of Student Affairs
The Mesa College campus is temporarily closed due to concerns about the spread of Coronavirus/COVID-19. We are monitoring the situation closely and responding with an abundance of caution to protect the health and safety of students, employees, and our community.
During this time, Student Affairs staff and administrators will be working remotely. Our hours of operation will be 8:00AM-5:00PM Monday through Thursday, and 8:00AM-3:00PM on Friday.
To contact us, call the office line at 619-388-2699 and leave a voicemail message. We will be checking the office's voicemail regularly, but please be aware that there may still be a delay in response. You may also contact us by email, at the addresses listed on the left side of this web page.
Message from the Dean of Student Affairs
Welcome to the Student Affairs website! Our mission is to provide programs and services that promote the success of students, enrich the quality of campus life and support classroom instruction. Below are a few of the services we provide for the Mesa College community:
YOU COULD BE THE CLASS OF 2020
Student Commencement Speaker!
Applications due Tuesday, May 26th
Click Here to see the flyer!
The San Diego Mesa College Commencement Speaker Selection Committee is once again looking for an outstanding graduating student to be the commencement student speaker for the 2020 Mesa College graduation. This is your chance to represent the 2020 graduating class, and to share your journey and insights with fellow graduating students.
Under the current circumstances, Mesa College will be presenting this year's commencement
ceremony in an online format beginning on Friday, July 17th. If you are selected as
the student speaker, you would be asked to record a video presentation, which will
then be included in the online Commencement Ceremony.
Questions? Contact Courtney Lee (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the Student Affairs Office in room or visit the Mesa College Commencement web page.
- Support for Associated Students, Inter-Club Council and Mesa Clubs
- Leadership development programs and activities for all students
- Procedures and Operating Guidelines for Student Clubs/Organizations (Manual 3200)
Student Rights and Responsibilities
- Administration of Policy 3100: Student Rights Responsibilities, Campus Safety and Administrative Due Process
- Assistance in resolution of student complaints and faculty concerns
- Coordination and administration of college foundation and privately sponsored scholarships
- Visit the Mesa Foundation Scholarships web page for more information.
REGISTER TO VOTE!
current & Future Programs and Events
Past programs and events
- Welcome Week (Spring 2020)
- 40th Annual Martin Luther King Jr. Parade
- Constitution Day & Voter Registration Outreach
- Spirit Week & Homecoming
- AS Homecoming Tailgate Party
- Office Decorating Contest
- LEAD workshop series
- Bystander Intervention Training
- 2019 AS Thanksgiving Feast
- 2019 Hunger & Homelessness Awareness Week (Nov 18-21)
- 2019 Day of Service (click here for travel forms)
- 2019 Screening of "Inocente" and Resource & Engagement Fair
- 2019 - 2020 PTK All-USA Scholarship
- Annual Scholarship Awards Gala
- Black Graduation: CommUnity, Purpose & Vision
- Commencement Ceremonies
- The Serenity Space
Services and resources
Guidelines and other Useful links
- Guidelines for Free Speech Activities
- Guidelines for Free Speech Activities Brochure
- Guidelines for Outside Food Vendors
- Campus Posting Rules and Regulations (updated 8/20/19)
- Student Travel Guidelines (updated 6/13/19)
Research on college students shows that active involvement increases student satisfaction with college, provides opportunities to develop management and networking skills, helps in making career decisions, raises self-esteem, and builds lasting friendships.