ContactRoom: Room I4-309 (3rd floor)
Phone/Google Voice: 760-652-9065
Students are encouraged to leave a voicemail. We will return your call or email within 1-2 business days.
Program Email: MesaFosterYouth@sdccd.edu
M-Th: 8:00am - 6:00pm
F: 8:00am - 3:00pm
FAST/NextUp Student Services Technician:
Blanca "Melissa" Zavala
FAST/NextUp Project Assistant:
ATTENTION TO ALL STUDENTS:
Although our campus and physical offices are closed to protect the health and safety of our staff,
students, and community members, we remain dedicated to serving our students. Our counselors
and staff are still available and are offering remote services via emails, phone calls, or video calls. Please read below for details on how to reach us.
HOW TO CONTACT US:
Students are encouraged to leave a voicemail and a team member will return their call within 1-2
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Please provide your Mesa College ID number when contacting us so we can best assist you.
Staff will be working Monday - Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Fridays from 8:00 a.m.
to 3:00 p.m, to serve students remotely. We will return your call or email within 1-2 business days.
We appreciate your flexibility during this time.
WHAT is FAST Scholars?
Fostering Academic Success and Transitions (FAST) Scholars - serves current and former foster youth with support services such as counseling, priority registration, book service, school supplies, assistance with Financial Aid and CHAFEE, and specialized workshops.
What are the fast scholars services?
- Academic/Personal/Career Counseling
- Priority Registration
- Book Service
- Assistance with applying to FAFSA, CHAFEE grant, and scholarships
- Specialized workshops
- And much more!
What are the FAST scholars requirements?
- Be current or former foster youth.
- Provide a verification of your dependency status (known as a Dependency Letter).
- Must apply for financial aid and list San Diego Mesa College as your campus of record
- Be under the age 26 at the beginning of the academic year (If age 26 at the start of the academic year or older, student is eligible for academic services only, with the exception of resources provided from outside agencies and access to the FAST Center)
How to apply:
Please click the button below to apply now
Applications will be reviewed starting on June 22nd. Check your mySDCCD portal 3-4 weeks after you enroll for your Fall 2020 classes. To find out your Fall 2020 registration date, check your mySDCCD portal. Registration for Fall 2020 begins on June 22nd.
For more information contact: Blanca “Melissa” Zavala at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact EOPS at 619-388-2706