ContactRoom: Room I4-309 (3rd floor)
M-Th: 8:00am - 6:00pm
F: 8:00am - 3:00pm
What is Borderless Scholars?
The Borderless Scholars’ program is designed to provide a safe and welcoming environment for undocumented students and undocu-allies. We support these students to overcome personal and educational challenges due to their immigration status. We provide personal, career, and academic counseling, on-campus support services, and community resources including free legal services. Advocacy and social justice is our main passion; allow us to be the support you need.
What are the Borderless Scholars services?
- Walk-in counseling and one hour appointments for academic, career, and personal counseling.
- Book Service
- Meal cards
- On and off-campus resources.
- California Dream Act application assistance.
- Deferred Action Childhood Arrivals (DACA) information.
- AB-540 Affidavit support.
- College Admission/On-boarding application guidance.
- Scholarship information and application assistance.
- Specialized Workshops.
- Know Your Rights Sessions.
- Peer Mentoring.
- Social, educational, and cultural events.
- Free legal Immigration Consultations.
- School supplies.
- Laptop lending program.
- And much more!
Links coming Soon!
What are the requirements to participate as a Borderless Scholar?
- Identify as an Undocumented, AB-540, Dreamer, and/or DACA recipient.
How to apply to Borderless Scholars
- Borderless Scholars applications are available through the EOPS Office.
- Submit EOPS application to apply for Borderless Scholars Program.
- For more information contact us at,
San Diego Mesa College
EOPS Office, Student Services building, I4-309
7250 Mesa College Drive
San Diego, CA 92111-4998
- Immigrants Rising Scholarship (list)
- Mesa College Scholarship Opportunities
- Sin Fronteras Scholarship The Sin Fronteras Scholarship awards funding to Undocumented Students of San Diego Mesa College for the purpose of their educational advancement. Eligible students must have a minimum GPA of 2.5; be currently enrolled at Mesa College in at least 6 units; and have completed at least 12 units at Mesa College. This scholarship opportunity is open to ALL undocumented students, including AB-540 and DACA recipients. This scholarship is for students attending San Diego Mesa College.
- MALDEF Scholarship Resources
- California Latino Legislative Caucus Foundation, Scholarship Program
- Levin-Goffe Scholarship for LGBTQI Immigrants
SDCCD pledges support of students regardless of immigration status. Learn more about how our San Diego Community College District supports our Dreamers
through the Dreamer Support Program.
Learn about District updates pertaining to Dreamer students at www.sdccd.edu/students News and Information. Read memos here:
Updated Information regarding DACA renewals
Important Information for DACA students
Important Immigration Information for Students
Services for Homeless Students
ADDITIONAL COMMUNITY RESOURCES
- Immigrant Legal Resource Center
- American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU)
- Rapid Response Network
- Alliance San Diego
- California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office - Resources for Undocumented Students
- Ready Now San Diego
- MALDEF (Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund)
- Mexican Consulate of San Diego
- CollegeBoard's National Repository of Resources for Undocumented Students
Immigration Detainee Locator
Visit the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement webpage to locate a detainee who is currently in ICE custody. The online detainee locator system cannot search for records of persons under the age of 18. Click here to visit the detainee locator system.
Advocacy/LEGAL ASSISTANCE, ACADEMIC FINANCIAL AID, & more!
- Alliance San Diego
- California Latino Legislative Caucus Foundation (Scholarship Program)
- Cesar Chavez Foundation
- CHIRLA (Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights)
- College Guide for Undocumented Students
- DACA Scholarship iTunes App
- ILRC (Immigrant Legal Resource Center)
- Immigrants Rising
- Levin-Goffe Scholarship for LGBTQI Immigrants (check annually)
- MALDEF, The Latino Legal Voice for Civil Rights in America
- National Immigration Law Center - offers a wide range of educational materials for immigrant communities & allies.
- Ready California - empowering immigrant communities through access to information & education.
- San Diego Immigrant Rights Consortium
- Summer Health Professions Education Program
- Undocumented Student Loan Information
- United We Dream
Local Dream Centers @ Colleges & Universities
- California State University - Resources
- California State University, San Marcos - DREAMER Resource Office
- San Diego City College - DREAMer Resource Center
- San Diego State University - Undocumented Resource Area
- University of California, San Diego - Undocumented Student Services Center