ContactRoom: Room I4-309 (3rd floor)
M-Th: 8:00am - 6:00pm
F: 8:00am - 3:00pm
What is Borderless Scholars?
The Borderless scholars’ program is designed to provide a safe and welcoming environment for undocumented students and undocu-allies. We support these students to overcome Personal and educational challenges due to their immigration status. We provide personal, career, and academic counseling, on-campus support services, and community resources including free legal services. Advocacy and social justice is our main passion; allow us to be the support you need.
What are the Borderless Scholars services?
- Walk-in counseling and one hour appointments for academic and career counseling.
- Book Service and meal cards (depending on available funding per semester).
- On and off-campus resource referrals.
- California Dream Act information and support services.
- Deferred Action Childhood Arrivals (DACA) information.
- Assistance with completing and filing out the AB540 Affidavit.
- Matriculation guidance.
- Scholarship information and application assistance.
- Workshops and events specifically created and targeted for undocumented students.
- Social events and mixers.
- Professional development opportunities for campus faculty, staff and administration.
- Ally training.
- Peer Mentoring.
- Provide support for academic partnerships on and off campus
What are the requirements to participate as a Borderless Scholar?
- Be enrolled at San Diego Mesa College.
- Identify as a Dreamer, AB540, Undocumented and/or DACA recipient.
How to apply to Borderless Scholars
- Borderless Scholars applications are available through the EOPS Office.
- Submit applications through EOPS.
- For more information contact us at,
San Diego Mesa College
EOPS Office, Student Services building, I4-309
7250 Mesa College Drive
San Diego, CA 92111-4998
- Mesa College Scholarship Opportunities
- Sin Fronteras Scholarship The Sin Fronteras Scholarship awards funding to Undocumented Students of San Diego Mesa College for the purpose of their educational advancement. Eligible students must have a minimum GPA of 2.5; be currently enrolled at Mesa College in at least 6 units; and have completed at least 12 units at Mesa College. This scholarship opportunity is open to ALL undocumented students, including AB540 and DACA. This scholarship is for students attending Mesa College.
- MALDEF Scholarship Resources
- California Latino Legislative Caucus Foundation, Scholarship Program
- Levin-Goffe Scholarship for LGBTQI Immigrants
- Immigrant Legal Resource Center
- California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office - Resources for Undocumented Students
- Ready Now San Diego
- MALDEF (Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund)
- Mexican Consulate of San Diego
- CollegeBoard's National Repository of Resources for Undocumented Students
Immigration Detainee Locator
Visit the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement webpage to locate a detainee who is currently in ICE custody. The online detainee locator system cannot search for records of persons under the age of 18. Click here to visit the detainee locator system.
Advocacy/LEGAL ASSISTANCE, ACADEMIC FINANCIAL AID, & more!
- Alliance San Diego
- California Latino Legislative Caucus Foundation (Scholarship Program)
- Cesar Chavez Foundation
- CHIRLA (Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights)
- College Guide for Undocumented Students
- Community College League of California
- DACA Scholarship iTunes App
- ILRC (Immigrant Legal Resource Center)
- Immigrants Rising
- Levin-Goffe Scholarship for LGBTQI Immigrants (check annually)
- MALDEF, The Latino Legal Voice for Civil Rights in America
- National Immigration Law Center - offers a wide range of educational materials for immigrant communities & allies.
- Ready California - empowering immigrant communities through access to information & education.
- San Diego Immigrant Rights Consortium
- Summer Health Professions Education Program
- Undocumented Student Loan Information
- United We Dream
Local Dream Centers @ Colleges & Universities
- California State University - Resources
- California State University, San Marcos - DREAMER Resource Office
- San Diego City College - DREAMer Resource Center
- San Diego State University - Undocumented Resource Area
- University of California, San Diego - Undocumented Student Services Center