M - Tu: 8:00am – 7:00pm
W - Th: 8:00am - 6:00pm
F: 8:00am - 3:00pm
Friday, January 26th: 8am - 5pm
Saturday, January 27th: 8am - 1pm
Friday, February 9th: 8am - 5pm
Mesa Counseling New Student Checklist
Welcome to San Diego Mesa College! Mesa's Counseling Department is committed to providing the highest quality of services and assistance to students.
We've created numerous online resources that allow you to complete many processes completely online. Use this New Student Checklist to get started and keep track of your progress. After obtaining your abbreviated education plan, check out The Next Steps for information, Here are the six required steps you need to complete:
- Step 1: Application - Start by completing the online application for admission
- Step 2: Orientation - New Student Orientation can be completed in one of two ways:
- a) Complete the Online Orientation
- b) Attend a Face-to-Face Orientation
- Step 3: Assessment - Visit the Assessment office to learn about English and math testing
- Watch the videos below for more information on the assessment tests:
- Pre-assessment workshop - Part I
- Pre-assessment workshop - Part II
- Step 4: Counseling - Placement test results will be forwarded to students upon completion of the testing session. Students are strongly encouraged to sign up for a Registration workshop to develop a two semester abbreviated education plan. After the completion of the first semester, students are encouraged to stop by the Counseling Office, (I4-303) to schedule an appointment for a comprehensive education plan
- Step 5: Registration - Register for classes
- Step 6: Fee Payment - Pay all registration fees by the deadline to avoid being dropped from your classes. Check Reg-e for deadlines.
The online orientation will take you less than two hours to complete and, once you begin, you can save your progress if you need to sign out and return later. For more information and resources, check out the Admissions webpage.
Need to submit your official college transcripts or test scores?
Mail all official college transcripts and test scores to:San Diego Community College District
SDCCD Records Office
3375 Camino del Rio South
San Diego, CA 92108-3883
To request an official evaluation of your transcripts,
complete a Request for Transcript Evaluation available in the Counseling Office (I4-303). (Allow approximately 4-6 weeks for your transcript/s to arrive)
To apply for financial aid: