Are You Ready?
Apply for graduation NOW to receive your AA/AS Degree or Certificate of Achievement
by submitting an online Petition for Graduation form through e-Grades. Before you Petition for Graduation, be sure to have an Education Plan on file.
Petition for Graduation Deadlines!
- November 14, 2016 - Deadline for students to file a Petition for Graduation and be a Fall 2016 graduate. Students filing after this date will be Spring 2017 graduates.
- February 16, 2017 -Deadline for filing a Petition for Graduation ONLY for students transferring to a CSU in Fall 2017 and completing an Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT).
- March 24, 2017 - Deadline to file a Petition for Graduation and ensure your name will be included in the commencement program.
- April 30, 2017 - Deadline to file a Petition for Graduation and be a Spring 2017 graduate. Students filing after this date will be Summer 2017 graduates.
- July 31, 2017 - Deadline to file a Petition for Graduation and be a Summer 2017 graduate. Students filing after this date will be Fall 2017 graduates.
- Apply to graduate NOW - Online Petition for Graduation
I don't know if I am ready. What do I do?
See a counselor! A counselor will review your academic record to see if you have completed or are about to complete your degree or certificate requirements. Visit Counseling
I don't have a major, but I have over 60 units. Am I eligible?
See a counselor. You may be closer to completing a degree or certificate than you think. Visit Counseling
Need help finding a major - Visit the Career Center
I am going to transfer.
AND, you can still get your Associate degree. Visit Counseling
Yes, I am ready to graduate! But I have not petitioned for graduation.
You must petition for graduation: Online or in the Counseling Office (I4-303) or visit your EOPS or DSPS counselor if applicable.
Yes, I have petitioned for graduation. What's next?
Your academic record will be assessed by the Evaluations Department. Once processed, they will mail your official graduation evaluation. The evaluation shows completed and remaining course/degree requirements.
I will be finishing my degree/certificate requirements in the summer. Can I still participate in the Commencement Ceremony?
Yes, just be sure to petition for graduation by April 1st to ensure that you are evaluated to participate.
I finished my degree/certificate requirements this past fall - can I still participate in the Commencement Ceremony?
Students who are eligible to graduate and/or are near completion of their degree/certificate requirements, will be invited to participate in the annual Commencement Ceremony. Invitations are mailed beginning in mid-March. Contact the Evaluations Office at 619-388-2680, I4-306 if you have any questions.