- Career Center
- A personal commitment to a chosen profession requiring training, education and experience.
"Exploring Careers & Choosing A Major" Online Workshop is the first step to establishing your college goals.
This short, interactive, online workshop will help you get started on your academic journey. Click here to begin.
*We now have drop-in career counseling on most Fridays. Please make sure you are a student currently enrolled in classes. Call 619-388-2777 for drop-in times and any questions you might have.
Upcoming events & news
Cal Western School of Law’s A.I.M for Law Program: June 20
Are you interested in going to law school? A.I.M for Law Program provides preparation to college students to assist them in applying for and understanding the rigors of law school. Cal Western will host a presentation at Mesa on how to get into the A.I.M for Law Program.
- Monday, June 20 from 10:00 am – 11:00 am in the Career Center (Room I4-306). Space is limited, call now to reserve your spot (619-388-2777).
Are you a Mesa Student? Do you have an unpaid summer internship? Would you like to get paid for that internship?
The Summer 2016 CTE Enhancement Funds - Career Services Project allows students that
meet the requirements to receive a PAID stipend and college credit for a summer internship. There are only 30 spots available.
The program is available for students with a declared major in:
Don't have an internship and need help finding an internship?
Attend one of our Internship Workshops to learn strategies and tips in obtaining an
Thursday, May 12 from 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Tuesday, May 17 from 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Location: Career Center, Room I4-306 (3rd Floor of I-400)
The Schedule is here!
♦ Resume Writing Workshop
♦ Job Searching Strategies
♦ Educational Goal Workshop
♦ Finding a Job & Networking with LinkedI
CLICK HERE for More Dates & Times
Career Center Services
- Career exploration
- Major exploration
- Job readiness
- Job Searching Resources
- Employment listings
- Career online resources
- Job Fairs
- Classroom presentations
- Annual Career Opportunities Expo
Services available by appointment for currently enrolled Mesa College students:
- Career assessment testing and interpretation
- Consultations to identify transferable skills
- Resume Review
- LinkedIn Profile Checklist
- "Why Should I Hire YOU?"
- New Public Behavioral Health Job Board - www.JobsInSoCal.com
- 2014 Employee's Choice Best Places to Work - www.Glassdoor.com
- Learn How to Become: An online resource to discover the steps to take to reach your career goal. www.learnhowtobecome.org
- Reality Check: Don't know how much money you will need to earn in the future? Don't know which occupation to choose? Take the California Career Zone - Make Money Choices.
- Ted Talks on Career:
♦ Why 30 is not the new 20
♦ Your body language shapes who you are
Not A Mesa College Student?
Mesa College Career Center services are available to currently enrolled students and to students who were enrolled in the previous semester. Career services are available for community members through the San Diego Workforce Partnership, which has Career Centers throughout San Diego. To learn more visit: San Diego Workforce Partnership
Hot Jobs | Career Articles | Current Trends | Inspiration
Jobs | Career Discussions | Networking