Library check-out privileges are extended to students who are enrolled in San Diego Community College credit classes and who have a current semester student ID card. All fines and holds must be cleared before library materials may be checked out.
(maximum of 10 books per student)
|Course Reserves||Two-hour loan for most materials
(some items may be checked out overnight or longer)
|Periodicals||For use within the Learning Resource Center only
(copy machines available)
|Videos||Faculty may check out videos for in-class use.
(one-week loan period, no more than 5 videos per instructor)
Students may view videos in the LRC's fourth-floor Audiovisual Services facilities.
|Compact discs||Students and faculty may check out CDs just as they do books, for a period of two weeks.|
- One renewal is allowed per book or pamphlet.
- Renewals may be made in person, by telephone (619 388-2696), or online. For online renewals:
1. Go to the library website.
2. Click on the "Library Catalog" button.
3. Click on "My Library Account" and log in.
4. Click on "Items Checked Out."
5. Select the books you wish to renew and click on the "Renew" button. Click here to renew your books now.
- Each book may be renewed once.
- Overdue books may not be renewed.
- Reserve materials may not be renewed.
- Books with a "hold" may not be renewed.
If you would like a Mesa book that is checked out, you can arrange to get the book when it is returned. We will notify you when the book is in. Ask for a form at the Reference Desk.
- A minimum late charge of $2.00 per item is assessed plus $.25 per day.
- A service fee of $5.00 per day shall be assessed for the unauthorized removal of any "Library Use Only" materials.
- Charges for a lost book are the cost of the book plus a $7.00 non-refundable processing fee. A book is declared lost 120 days after its due date.
- Fines for reserve materials:
- A $2.00 service fee shall be assessed for failure to return reserve materials on the posted due date.
- A charge of $.35 per hour will also be assessed up to the replacement cost of the material.
The book drop is located near the LRC's main entrance and is open for the return of books when the building is closed.
Lost Student ID Card
It is the student's responsibility to notify us in the event his/her student ID card is lost or stolen. Otherwise the student will be held accountable for the use of the card.