Physical Therapist Assistant
Student Learning Outcomes
Students who complete the Physical Therapist Assistant Program will be able to:
- Perform safe and effective interventions and data collection within the Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) scope of practice.
- Select appropriate interventions within the physical therapist's plan of care.
- Be knowledgeable of the California physical therapy laws and regulations as they relate to the PTA.
- Demonstrate ethical and professional behaviors consistent with professional standards and practice.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing as appropriate for a PTA.