Hepatitis B is a disease that causes liver problems. To be protected from the hepatitis B virus you will need to have 3 hepatitis B vaccine injections over a 6 month time period. Or prove that you have had the 3 injections. If you believe you had the injections bring your vaccination/ immunization record to our office. If you think you had the injections but have no record of them, then we can draw a hepatitis B titer - this is a blood test to check for immunity to hepatitis B. The hepatitis B titer cost is $9.00.
The Hepatitis B immunization series is as follows:
You will receive the first injection at your initial visit. The second injection is due 1 month later. The third injection is due 5 months after the first injection or no sooner than 4 months after the second injection.
You may not obtain hepatitis B at our office if:
- You are allergic to yeast, latex, or any of the components of the vaccine. Ask your physician if you are unsure.
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Are currently ill or have a chronic immunosuppressive disease.
- Are taking any anticoagulant medication (blood thinner) or have a bleeding disorder.
- Had a prior reaction to a hepatitis vaccine or a related vaccine.
- Have been diagnosed with hepatitis B.
- Have ever been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis.