- Pamela Luster: President
- Tim McGrath: Vice President, Instruction
- Julianna Barnes: Vice President, Student Services
- Dan Gutowski: Interim Vice President, Administrative Services
- Andy MacNeill: Instructional Deans' Council Representative
- Susan Topham: Student Services Dean Representative
- Madeleine Hinkes: President, Academic Senate
- Terry Kohlenberg: President Elect, Academic Senate
- John Crocitti: Academic Senate Representative, Chair, Academic Affairs
- Laurie Mackenzie: Academic Senate Representative, Chair of Chairs
- Angela Liewen: President, Classified Senate
- Monica Romero: Vice President, Classified Senate
- Roberto Rosas: President, Associated Students Governance
The President's Cabinet serves as the college's central, participatory-governance council, functioning as the institution's primary decision-making and planning body. The structure and nature of the President's Cabinet facilitate its interaction with all institutional constituencies. As the college's central decision-making body, the Cabinet's planning role is enhanced by its familiarity with all functions of the college, ensuring both a knowledgeable and an integrated perspective.
Specialized projects are referred by the Cabinet to other governance organizations for review, such as the Academic Senate and Deans' Council for instructional matters, the Classified Senate for staffing issues, and the Associated Students for student issues. These bodies report back to the Cabinet with recommendations. For most issues, the determination of the President's Cabinet is final. In some instances, however, in which District-wide concurrence is necessary, the individual groups also make recommendations to their counterparts within the broader District. The College President is charged with representing Cabinet determinations to the Chancellor, the Chancellor's Cabinet and the Board of Trustees.
In addition to its internal process of input and participation, the Cabinet also looks to external organizations and groups as part of its annual process of review and planning, such as the Western Association of Schools and Colleges Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges, the San Diego and Imperial Counties Community Colleges Association, the California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office, the Community College League of California, the American Association of Community Colleges, etc.
The President's Cabinet endeavors to integrate all aspects of communication, decision-making and planning tasks rather than permit the institution to become isolated or its activities to become fragmented due to the centrifugal impulses of this large and complex collegiate environment. The President's Cabinet establishes committees to assist with specialized projects.
As scheduled - twice a month during Fall and Spring sessions. Does not meet in summer or during breaks between Fall and Spring semesters.
Tuesday 2:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Shared Governance Council: Established April 23, 1991
Names Rev. 090105; 10/9/06;9/7/07; 3/28/08; 9/17/08; 10/8/08; 9/2/09; 1/27/10;8/12/10; 10/25/10; 3/15/11; 8/31/11; 03/08/13