- Humanities Institute Faculty Coordinator, Dr. Denise Rogers
- Dean, Chris Sullivan
Deans (2 representatives):
- Dean of Arts & Languages, Jonathan Fohrman
- Dean of Humanities, Chris Sullivan
Faculty (8 representatives):
- Prof. Leroy Johnson, Counselor
- Prof. Barbara Sexton, Art
- Prof. Tanya Kravatz, Sociology
- Prof. Kevin Krown, Biology
- Prof. Alessandra Moctezuma, Art
- Prof Celia Orona, English
- Prof. Manuel Vélez, Chicano Studies
- Prof. Wendell Kling, Art
Humanities Institute Mission Statement and Outcomes
The Mesa College Humanities Institute serves as an internal vehicle for cultural, interdisciplinary, and Mesa College community priorities. All institute activities are intended to increase student engagement, recruitment, and retention.
The Humanities Institute Committee reports to the Academic Affairs Committee of the Mesa College Academic Senate.
- To offer lectures, seminars, concerts, plays and interaction with scholars and creative artists.
- To enhance curriculum connections that will enrich students' educational experiences.
- To provide opportunities for interdisciplinary collaborations. Outreach/Partnerships:
- To foster relationships with the K-12 community and to promote partnerships with Arts/Sciences organizations.
- To offer programs intended to promote global awareness and multicultural understanding.
Monthly. Date/time varies according to members' availability.
Co-Chairs Humanities Institute Faculty Coordinator
Deans 2 Representatives (one serving as co-chair)
Faculty 9 Representatives
Classified: 1 Representative
Students 1 Representative
Original: 5/1/08 Revised: 9/18/08; 9/23/08; 9/10/09; 3/2/10; 9/27/10; 09/22/11