Transcripts are the official document of the student's academic work at a college or university.
Transcripts from other institutions attended
- Students should submit official transcripts from all Colleges and Universities attended. In many instances they are required to be submitted.
- In order to have a counseling appointment to develop and educational plan, all transcripts must be on file and evaluated.
- Students receiving financial aid or veterans benefits must have transcripts on file to receive benefits.
- Transcripts are required even if prior credits do not appear relevant or if units were taken years ago.
- Certain programs require transcripts are on file before admission to the program.
- Official transcripts from other institutions become the property of the college and will not be duplicated or returned.
- Guam and Puerto Rico are US territories and transcripts from institutions these territories are not considered "foreign" and should be submitted. For information on foreign transcripts, please see below.
Transcripts should be submitted to the SDCCD District office:
3375 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 100, San Diego, CA 92108-3883
Hand delivered, unopened to the campus Records, - room I4-102.
- Students are responsible for requesting official transcripts from each institution attended.
- Official transcripts must be received in the original sealed envelope from the college or university.
- Opened, faxed or emailed transcripts will not be considered official.
- Transcripts are only accepted from one year after issuance.
- Once the transcripts are received, it is reviewed ONLY for the number of transferable units and for prerequisites.
- Credits from other regionally accredited institutions will only be accepted for transfer credit after evaluation by the District Evaluations office.
- Transcripts are not automatically evaluated for a student's educational goal. Please see the college counseling office or EOPS to submit a Request for Transcript Evaluation form.
- Transcript evaluations take approximately three weeks. An email will be sent to the student upon completion of the evaluation.
In certain instances transcripts may be waived for the purposes of obtaining a Certificate of Achievement. Transcripts can only be waived when:
- All coursework for the Certificate of Achievement has been taken within the San Diego Community College District and/or with other institutions for which transcripts are already on file.
- Student has completed all coursework, or is pending completion of the coursework in the current semester.
To waive transcripts, students must complete a General Student Petition in the Evaluations Office.
- Transcripts from foreign institutions may be used to meet degree/certificate requirements. It is the choice of the student to request to have this coursework evaluated. It is recommended to speak with a counselor to discuss options.
- If a student would like to submit their foreign transcripts, they must first have them evaluated by a Transcript Evaluation Service. For a list of approved services please visit: www.NACES.org . Student must request a comprehensive evaluation including both lower and upper division coursework of the transcript. Other types of evaluations will not be accepted.
- After the comprehensive evaluation is complete, students must submit it to the campus records office.
- Students must also request a Request for Transcript Evaluation (see above) so that the coursework evaluated for a student's educational goal.
- Submission of transcripts is permanent and cannot be revoked.
For information regarding foreign HIGH SCHOOL transcripts for the purpose of meeting the UC IGETC Certification foreign language requirement, please see the General Education section.
Students can also choose to waive their foreign transcripts for use in the San Diego Community College District.
- By waiving foreign transcripts, students forfeit the right to use all credit (units), grades and grade points from the intuitions for all certificate and degree programs and/or general education certification from the San Diego Community College District.
- The waiver of foreign transcripts does not apply for financial aid purposes.
- The waiver is permanent and cannot be revoked.
- To waive foreign transcripts, students should complete the Foreign Transcript Waiver Agreement in the Evaluations Office.
To request transcripts be sent FROM the San Diego Community College District to yourself or another institution https://studentweb.sdccd.edu/transcript/.