Students enrolling in the Dental Assisting Program at San Diego Mesa College will experience courses in the new state of the art Allied Health Building (opened 2009). The program utilizes classrooms designed to give the student relevant dental experience and personal attention. The dental assisting classrooms include a dental clinic with modern dental chairs and equipment such as intra-oral cameras, CAD/CAM dental system and dental software, a dental laboratory classroom where students have their own lighted work area, a radiography room with digital x-ray equipment, a lecture classroom and a computer laboratory classroom.
The San Diego Mesa College Dental Assisting Program:
- Is accredited by the Dental Board of California (DBC) and the Commission of Dental Accreditation (CODA) of the American Dental Association.
- Is recognized by the local dental community and personnel agencies for skilled dental assistants.
- Ranks among the top 10 dental assisting programs statewide for passing the California RDA State Board Exams.
- Enables dental assisting students to immediately apply for the RDA and CDA examinations upon successful completion of the program.
- Includes required certification courses for the dental assistant and registered dental assistant such as Basic Life Support (BLS), Infection Control, CA Dental Practice Act, Radiography, Coronal Polishing and Pit and Fissure Sealant Placement.
For more information attend an Information Session
For enrollment: Special Admission Clerk - Cathy Sullivan - firstname.lastname@example.org or (619) 388 - 2684
For program information: Margaret Fickess, CDA, RDA, MEd, Program Director - email@example.com or (619) 388-2697