CHEM 130L Introduction to Organic and Biological Chemistry Laboratory
Letter Grade or Pass/No Pass Option
Description: This is a one-semester laboratory course that illustrates the principles presented in Chemistry 130. Students are introduced to common organic chemistry laboratory equipment, fundamental organic and biochemical reactions, tests and techniques. Techniques covered include chromatography, recrystallization, and distillation. Tests and reactions of common organic functional groups, carbohydrates, fats, and amino acids are covered. Synthesis of a medicinal compound such as aspirin or a nitrogen-based analgesic is also covered.
Check the Online Class Schedule for information about course Prerequisites, Co-requisites, Enrollment Limitations and Advisory information .
This course can help you earn the following degree(s) or certificate(s):
- Emphasis in Science Studies: Physical Sciences - Kinesiology and Nutrition - Associate in Arts
- Emphasis in Science Studies: Physical Sciences - Pre-Nursing - Associate in Arts
- Physical Sciences (General) - Associate in Science
- Physical Sciences (General) - Certificate of Achievement
- Psychology for Transfer - Associate in Arts