CHEM 130 Introduction to Organic and Biological Chemistry
Letter Grade or Pass/No Pass Option
Description: Chemistry 130 is a one-semester course that introduces the basic physical, chemical and structural features of organic and biological compounds. Topics such as bonding, saturated and unsaturated hydrocarbons, the chemistry of organic functional groups, and the properties of important biological compounds such as carbohydrates, fats, and proteins are covered. The importance of these compounds in our daily lives is emphasized. The course is designed for nursing, nutrition, and allied health majors.
Check the Online Class Schedule for information about course Prerequisites, Co-requisites, Enrollment Limitations and Advisory information .
This course can help you earn the following degree(s) or certificate(s):
- Emphasis in Science Studies: Physical Sciences - Kinesiology and Nutrition - Associate in Arts
- Emphasis in Science Studies: Physical Sciences - Pre-Nursing - Associate in Arts
- Physical Sciences (General) - Associate in Science
- Physical Sciences (General) - Certificate of Achievement
- Psychology for Transfer - Associate in Arts