ENGL 220 Masterpieces of World Literature I: 1500 BCE - 1600 CE
Letter Grade or Pass/No Pass Option
Description: This course offers a survey of world literature in translation, from the ancient world through the European renaissance (approximately 1500 BCE - 1600 CE), including the established classic literature of the Near East, Greece and Rome, India, China, Japan, Africa, the Islamic world, and Europe. Students read and discuss a variety of authors from these regions, and address relevant social, cultural, and religious issues. Students critically analyze, in essays and papers, specific authors, works, themes, and other topics as assigned.
Check the Online Class Schedule for information about course Prerequisites, Co-requisites, Enrollment Limitations and Advisory information .
This course can help you earn the following degree(s) or certificate(s):
- Creative Writing - Certificate of Performance
- Elementary Education Preparation - Associate in Arts
- Emphasis in Language Arts and Humanities Studies: English - Associate in Arts
- English - Associate in Arts
- Honors Global Competencies - Certificate of Performance