ARTF 110 Art History: Prehistoric to Gothic
Letter Grade or Pass/No Pass Option
Description: This course is designed not only for art students but also for those who are interested in history, humanities, teaching, travel, and cultural enrichment. It is an introductory survey of the visual arts that are most relevant to an understanding of western civilization, from prehistoric Africa and Europe through the Gothic period. It includes major monuments and representative artworks from Mesopotamia, Iran, Egypt, the Aegean and Greece. Also included are the Hellenistic, Roman, Early Christian, Byzantine, and Islamic worlds, and art work from early Medieval, Romanesque, and Gothic Europe. Material is presented in illustrated lectures.
Check the Online Class Schedule for information about course Prerequisites, Co-requisites, Enrollment Limitations and Advisory information .
This course can help you earn the following degree(s) or certificate(s):
- Art History Emphasis - Associate in Arts
- Ceramics Emphasis - Associate in Arts
- Digital Art Emphasis - Associate in Arts
- Emphasis in Arts Studies: Art - Associate in Arts
- Fine Art - Certificate of Performance
- Honors Global Competencies - Certificate of Performance
- Museum Studies Emphasis - Associate in Arts
- Photography and New Genres Emphasis - Associate in Arts
- Three-Dimensional Emphasis - Associate in Arts
- Two-Dimensional Emphasis - Associate in Arts