BLAS 140B History Of The U.S., Black Perspectives
Letter Grade or Pass/No Pass Option
Description: This course covers the history of the United States from Reconstruction to the present with emphasis on African American experience and contributions. It focuses on political, social, economic, cultural, and intellectual trends, the persistence of racism, and the struggle for full equality for all Americans. NOTE: The complete one-year course of Black Studies 140A and 140B satisfies the graduation requirements in American institutions and California state government.
Check the Online Class Schedule for information about course Prerequisites, Co-requisites, Enrollment Limitations and Advisory information .
This course can help you earn the following degree(s) or certificate(s):
- Black Studies - Associate in Arts
- Elementary Education Preparation - Associate in Arts
- Emphasis in Social and Behavioral Sciences: History - Associate in Arts
- Emphasis in Social and Behavioral Sciences: Human Development - Associate in Arts
- History for Transfer - Associate in Arts