CHIL 101 Human Growth and Development
Description: This course examines the interrelationship among the physical, cognitive, and psychosocial growth and development of individuals from conception through adolescence. It emphasizes positive relationships with family members, peers, and other significant individuals. Topics include theories and philosophies of human development and cross-cultural patterns. Students observe children and educational programs. This course is a core requirement for the State of California Child Development Permit and the State of California Community Care Licensing, Title XXII.
Check the Online Class Schedule for information about course Prerequisites, Co-requisites, Enrollment Limitations and Advisory information .
This course can help you earn the following degree(s) or certificate(s):
- Assistant Teacher - Certificate of Performance
- Associate Teacher - Certificate of Achievement
- Child Development - Associate in Science
- Consumer Resource Management - Associate in Science
- Consumer Resource Management - Certificate of Achievement
- Elementary Education Preparation - Associate in Arts
- Emphasis in Social and Behavioral Sciences: Child Development - Associate in Arts
- Home Day Care - Certificate of Performance
- Honors Global Competencies - Certificate of Performance
- Master Teacher - Certificate of Achievement
- Psychology for Transfer - Associate in Arts
- Teacher - Certificate of Achievement