CHEM 100 Fundamentals of Chemistry
Letter Grade or Pass/No Pass Option
Description: This course is an introductory study of the language and tools of chemistry. Basic concepts of the structure, properties, interactions of matter and energy are studied, both qualitatively and quantitatively. Emphasis is placed on matter, chemical changes, chemical conversions, chemical bonding, and acid-base chemistry. This course is taken by students majoring in nursing, nutrition, or animal health technology and provides a foundation for further coursework in chemistry, in particular for introductory organic chemistry.
Check the Online Class Schedule for information about course Prerequisites, Co-requisites, Enrollment Limitations and Advisory information .
This course can help you earn the following degree(s) or certificate(s):
- Allied Health Track - Associate in Science
- Emphasis in Science Studies: Physical Sciences - Kinesiology and Nutrition - Associate in Arts
- Emphasis in Science Studies: Physical Sciences - Pre-Nursing - Associate in Arts
- Emphasis in Science Studies: Physical Sciences - Psychology - Associate in Arts
- Nutrition - Associate in Science
- Nutrition - Certificate of Achievement
- Physical Sciences (General) - Associate in Science
- Physical Sciences (General) - Certificate of Achievement
- Psychology for Transfer - Associate in Arts