CHEM 251 Analytical Chemistry
Letter Grade or Pass/No Pass Option
Description: This is a course in quantitative analysis. Major topics include theory and practice of gravimetric and volumetric methods of chemical analysis and introduction to instrumental methods of analysis with a focus on precision and accuracy of experimental data. The target audience for Chem 251 is students majoring in chemistry or biochemistry and others who need the course for career advancement. It is recommended that students who plan to enroll in this course do so the semester following completion of Chemistry 201.
Check the Online Class Schedule for information about course Prerequisites, Co-requisites, Enrollment Limitations and Advisory information .
This course can help you earn the following degree(s) or certificate(s):
- Chemistry - Associate in Science
- Chemistry - Certificate of Achievement
- Chemistry Technician - Associate in Science
- Chemistry Technician - Certificate of Achievement
- Emphasis in Science Studies: Biological Sciences - Associate in Arts
- Emphasis in Science Studies: Physical Sciences - Chemistry - Associate in Arts