- California Basic Skills Initiative
- California Association for Institutional Research-CAIR
- San Diego Community College Research Office
- BSI Research
Basic Skills Mission and Goals
Our college provides a comprehensive developmental education program that integrates instruction and student services to prepare a diverse student population for success in transfer-level courses, four-year degree and certificate programs. Faculty and staff work together to help students build community, knowledge, and skills they need to achieve their academic and career goals.
- To increase retention, success, progress, and persistence in basic skills courses
- To provide institutional support to students who need basic skills instruction
- To provide professional development that fosters a productive learning environment for students who need basic skills instruction
- To collect, analyze data, and apply findings for future planning.
- To develop reading, writing, ESOL, and math skills necessary for success in college-level courses
- To develop the study skills, self-awareness, and interpersonal skills necessary for success in college-level courses
- To increase awareness and utilization of support services available
- To develop the technology skills necessary for success in college-level courses