- Getting Started
- Academic Deadlines
- Academic Calendar
- International Students
- Request A Campus Tour
- Summer Cruise
- Room: I4-102
- Office Hours:
M - Th: 8:00am - 7:00pm
Fridays: 8:00am - 3:00pm
Suggestions? We value your feedback, please take our SURVEY
Prior to taking the English and Math placement tests, you will receive a thorough orientation to San Diego Mesa College's programs, services and facilities.
You can elect to complete Orientation in two ways:
- Online Orientation: The Orientation will take approximately 45-90 minutes to complete, after which you will be able to take your placement tests. Please note, in order to get credit for completing the Orientation, complete all sections of the four required modules. When you have finished the orientation, print the completion screen that includes your name, student ID number, and the date of completion. Bring this form to the Assessment Office, with a photo ID, in order to begin your English and/or Math assessment. Visit Mesa's Online Orientation to get started.
- On-Campus Orientation: Students may also elect to schedule an appointment for an in-person group Orientation through the Counseling Office. These workshops are expected to take about 2 hours, and allow students access to the same information covered in the Online Orientation but delivered in a friendly, interactive format.
The orientation will take approximately ninety minutes to complete after which you will be able to take your placement tests. Please note, in order to get credit for completing the orientation, you will need to log in with your student ID number and complete all sections of the four required modules.
When you have finished the orientation, print the completion screen that includes your name, student ID number, and the date of completion. Submit this form to the Testing Office staff in order to begin the assessment of your English and/or Math skills.
Please contact the Testing Office with any questions 619-388-2718, or if you are having difficulty logging in.The Orientation will cover essential information that will prepare students for their transition to San Diego Mesa College and addresses the following:
- Information that helps students navigate through the admissions and registration process
- An introduction to college resources, programs, and services
- Ideas that help students succeed in college
- An overview of college regulations, as well as students' rights and responsibilities (Policy 3100)
- Math and English Placement Results
- Information on online resources, first semester planning, and registration
This orientation will remain available to you for follow-up visits and reference. There are additional supplemental (not required) modules to support your success including information about managing your money, campus life, and even specific programs for veterans, student athletes, and international students.