- Accelerated College Program
- Allied Health
- American Indian Studies
- American Sign Language
- Animal Health Technology
- Architecture and Environmental Design
- Asian American Studies
- Art & Fine Art
- Arts & Languages (School)
- Black Studies
- Building & Construction Technology
- Business & Technology (School)
- Chicano Studies
- Child Development
- Communication Studies
- Computer Business Technology
- Computer Information Science
- Culinary Arts
- Dental Assisting
- Digital Technology
- Dramatic Arts
- Exercise Science
- Geographic Information Systems
- Health Information Technology
- Health Information Management
- Health Sciences & Public Service (School)
- Humanities (School)
- Interior Design
- Liberal Arts
- Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Liberal Studies
- Mathematics & Natural Sciences (School)
- Medical Assisting
- Physical Science
- Physical Sciences
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Political Science
- Radiologic Technology
- Real Estate
- Social Behavioral Sciences & Multicultural Studies (School)
- Social Sciences
- Web Development
- Program Director
- Director of Clinical Educ.
- Special Admissions
- Dulce Lopez
Information Sessions 2018-2019
Room S-207 - Allied Health Building
Tuesday 9/18/18 6:00-7:00 pm
Saturday 11/17/18 9:00-10:00 am
Monday 2/11/19 5:30 - 6:30 pm
Saturday 5/18/19 9:00 - 10:00 am
Please click on the link to find dates and times for information session. RSVP's are not required for attendance at the one-hour information session.
The primary mission of the PTA Program at San Diego Mesa College is to provide excellence in the education and development of competent physical therapist assistants that provide high quality patient care through evidence based practice to diverse populations and become leaders within the health care community and profession.
goals for graduates
- Select and perform safe and effective interventions within the:
- PTA scope of practice.
- Physical therapist’s plan of care.
- Demonstrate knowledge of California physical therapy laws and regulations.
- Demonstrate ethical and professional behaviors consistent with professional standards and practice.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, as appropriate for a PTA.
- Participate in self-assessment and develop plans to improve knowledge, skills, and behavior as appropriate for a PTA.
RSVP's are not required for attendance at the one-hour information session. All information sesstions are held in S-207. Please see above for dates and times.
The program is challenging and full-time commitment to the program is recommended.
Licensure Examination Pass Rate
95% of our graduates in 2017 sought emploment after passing the licensure exam and succeeded. 96% of our graduates in 2016 sought employment after passing the lecensure examination and succeeded. 100% of our graduates who have sought employment within 6 months of passing the licensure exam have succeeded. This data is reflective of classes graduating in 2013, 2014, and 2015.
The Physical Therapist Assistant Program at San Diego Mesa College is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314; telephone: 703-706-3245; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; website: http://www.capteonline.org. If needing to contact the program/institution directly, please call Amanda Johnston 619-388-2229 or email email@example.com .
Approved by the Physical Therapy Board of California