- About Medical Assisting
- Application Process
- Prerequisite Course
- Course List and Program Cost
- Program Requirements
- Program Schedule
Students applying to the Medical Assisting Program will be accepted on a first come, first served basis until full. Complete applications will be date stamped with the date and time received. An application is not complete until all required documentation has been received. Applications received without the required material or qualifications will not be accepted.
Applicants interested in entering the WASC accredited Medical Assisting Program must complete the following requirements:
Requirements to apply to the Medical Assisting Program:
- If you are not a San Diego Community College District (SDCCD-City, Mesa, Miramar) student, you must apply to the college before completing your program application. This will provide you with a CSID# for all school information.
- Students who complete prerequisite courses at another institution outside of the SDCCD are required to mail/bring in UNOPENED official transcripts to San Diego Mesa College Special Admissions office. Transcripts will not be accepted if they are opened. The application process is not complete until the Special Admissions office has received the transcripts.
- Students who complete their prerequisite courses within the SDCCD will be required to mail/bring in unofficial transcripts as one of the requirements for the online application. The application process is not complete until the Special Admissions office has received the transcripts.
- View information session. Students will be completing a quiz pertaining to the information session as part of the application process.
Click here⇒⇒ ONLINE MEDICAL ASSISTING INFORMATION SESSION
Click here⇒⇒ MEDICAL ASSISTING INFORMATION SESSION QUIZ
The application site will not allow students to save and return to the site.
- Application period: March 2, 2020, 9:00am to April 10, 2020, 4:00pm.
- Acceptance and waitlist letters will be sent out to qualified students May 2020.
- Students not accepted into the program will be notified May 2020.
You must have completed (with a “C” or better) or be enrolled in the following prerequisites (or transcript proven equivalent) in order to submit an application.
- MEDA 055 or BIOL 160, or equivalent
- MEDA 110, or equivalent
Students enrolled or in progress for the prerequisites can be accepted into the program with a pending status until verification of a grade of “C” or better is submitted t special admissions upon completion of the course.
STEPS FOR APPLYING TO THE MEDICAL ASSISTING PROGRAM:
- Apply online to San Diego Mesa College
- Complete all online application requirements for the Medical Assisting Program.
- Submit an online application for Medical Assisting.
- Submit (in person or by mail) a copy of your unofficial transcripts (SDCCD) or official transcripts (other institutions) to the Special Admissions office. The application process is not complete until the Special Admissions office has received the transcripts.
San Diego Mesa College
Special Admissions, I4-102
7250 Mesa College Drive
San Diego, CA 92111
For questions contact special admissions:
Dulce Carolina Lopez
619-388-2682 / 619-388-5713
Note: If you have completed your prerequisites at City, Mesa, or Miramar College, you do not need to submit an official transcript. Your transcript will be obtained directly from the SDCCD records office on your behalf.