MA, RHIA, CHDA
Program Director/Assistant Professor
Health Information Technology
Health Information Management
Dean of Health Sciences and Public Service
San Diego Mesa College
7250 Mesa College Dr.
San Diego, CA 92111
Applicants must complete the following:
- Apply online to San Diego Mesa College
Submit an online application for Health Information Management through the Allied Health Department.
Applications are closed for fall 2020
Applications for fall 2021 will be accepted from February 5-April 30, 2021
- Request official transcripts be sent directly to the San Diego Community College District.
See "Submission of Transcripts" section @ SDCCD Evaluations
Note: If you have attended City, Mesa, or Miramar Colleges, you do not have to submit an official transcript. Your transcript will be obtained directly from the records office on your behalf.
2021 Application Period
- The application process will be online.
- Students are accepted in a cohort model of 32 students.
- If you are not a Mesa student, you must apply to the college before sending in their Program application. This provides the student with a CSID# for all school information.
- If you have not submitted transcripts prior to applying and have attended colleges outside the San Diego Community College District (Mesa, Miramar and City Colleges), you will be required to mail/bring in UNOPENED official transcripts from They cannot be accepted if they are opened.
- Students will be required to upload unofficial transcripts as one of the required documents.
- Student needs to fill out and save all documents before they go in to upload their documents during the application period. The site will not allow the student to save and return.
- Encourage students to read the General Information Page carefully and to use the Application Check List as they go through the process to make sure they have all required documents to be considered a qualified applicant.
- Important Dates to be aware of:
- Application Period:
Feb 5th, 2021 @ 12pm to
April 30, 2021 @ 12pm
- Application Period:
A complete application includes the following requirements:
- Statements of Interest
You will be asked to answer the following questions in the application.
- Why have you chosen to pursue a Bachelor of Science degree in Health Information Management (HIM)?
- This program is rigorous and time intensive. What are your plans to incorporate this educational path into the demands of your work schedule and personal commitments?
- What are your specific career goals after you obtain your degree and RHIA credential?
- Unofficial Transcripts
Students with complete applications will be placed on a “qualified applicants” list. Incomplete applications and applications received after the deadline will NOT be considered. The program admits up to 32 students. Completion of all designated prerequisites does not guarantee admission.
All "qualified applicants" will have their application packet evaluated using a scoring rubric. The top candidates will be sent an invitation to interview. The interviews will include a written exercise.