1. Where can I get more information about Academic Regulations?
2. What is the grading system used at Mesa?
3. What are Standards of Academic Progress (SAP)?
Students are in good academic standing when they have a 2.0 grade point average or higher and have completed at least 61% of the units they have attempted. There are two kinds of probation and disqualification, one based upon GPA (Academic Performance) and the other based upon the number of units completed (Progress Performance). Certain programs may have more stringent standards for academic progress. Consult the program director for more information.
4. What is academic probation and disqualification?
5. What is the Honest Academic Conduct policy?
6. What is the Dean's List? What are the Honors Program requirements?
7. How are advanced placement (AP) course units transferred?
The College Catalog is the best place to learn more about the Academic Credit for Nontraditional Education (AP-3900.4).
More information about transfer credit from can be found from these links: Advanced Placement Tests (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB) credit, College Level Examination Program (CLEP), DANTES Subject Standardized Test (DANTE/DSST), and CTE (Career Technical Education) Transitions Program (formerly Tech Prep).
8. What are the course repetition policies?
9. What is the process to challenge student record data?
The College Catalog is the best place to learn more about Student Records, Release, Correction, and Challenge (AP 3001.1).
10. What is the formal complaint process?
Students may file a complaint when they believe that a College faculty or staff member has violated the following Board Policies and Administrative Procedures:
- 1. Student Rights, Responsibilities, Campus Safety and Administrative Due Process:
- 2. Student Grievance: Procedure 3100.1
- 3. Student Discipline: Procedure 3100.2
- 4. Honest Academic Conduct: Procedure 3100.3
- 5. Academic Accommodations and Disability Discrimination for Students with Disabilities:
- 6. Prohibition of Harassment: Policy 3430
- 7. Nondiscrimination: Policy 3410
- 8. Fraud/Whistle Blower: Policy 6125
- 9. Grade Challenge: Procedure 3001.2
Board Policies and Administrative Procedures are available online on the District website.