Associate in Science in Geology for Transfer Degree
The Associate in Science in Geology for Transfer is intended for students who plan to complete a bachelor’s degree in Economics or a related major in the California State University (CSU) system. It is accepted by some but not all CSU campuses. Students who complete this degree and transfer to a participating CSU campus will be required to complete no more than 60 units after transfer to earn a bachelor’s degree. It may not be appropriate preparation for students transferring to a CSU campus that does not accept the degree.
Students who complete the Economics Program will be able to:
- Critical Thinking: Students will demonstrate an ability to apply relevant economic theory to data, and derive rational conclusions.
- Communications: Students will be able to articulate critical thinking outcomes in speech and written word.
- Global Awareness: Students will be able to identify and understand global economic issues.
Note:Students who plan to complete this degree should consult a counselor and visit www.assist.org for additional information about participating CSU campuses as well as university admission, degree and transfer requirements.
Students are required to complete a maximum of 60 CSU-transferable units with a minimum overall grade point average of 2.0.
- Completion of 60 semester units or 90 quarter units that are eligible for transfer to the California State University, including both of the following:
- The Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) or the California State University General Education – Breadth Requirements.
- A minimum of 18 semester units or 27 quarter units in a major or area of emphasis, as determined by the community college district.
ADTs also require that students must earn a C or better in all courses required for the major or area of emphasis.
Note:Completion of the California State University American Institutions graduation requirement is strongly recommended prior to transfer.
The purpose of this Associate in Science in Geology for Transfer degree program is to offer an organized course of study that will prepare students intending to major in Geology at the California State University.
The Associate in Science in Geology for Transfer program emphasizes preparation for the major in Geology at the California State University.
|Courses Required for the Major:||Units|
|GEOL 100||Physical Geology||3|
|GEOL 101||Physical Geology Laboratory||1|
|GEOL 111||The Earth Through Time||4|
|CHEM 200||General Chemistry I - Lecture||3|
|CHEM 200L||General Chemistry I - Laboratory||2|
|CHEM 201||General Chemistry II - Lecture||3|
|CHEM 201L||General Chemistry II - Laboratory||2|
|MATH 150||Calculus with Analytic Geometry I||5|
|MATH 151||Calculus with Analytic Geometry II||4|
|Total Units = 27|
|Electives as needed to meet maximum of 60 units required for the degree.|