American Sign Language
- Degrees/Certificates Offered: See Below
- Courses: List and Details
- Faculty: Full-Time Faculty
- More Information: Home page
- School: Health Sciences / Public Service
- Library: Articles, Subject Guides and Reference Databases
Certificate of Achievement
Associate in Arts
Student Learning Outcomes
Students who complete the American Sign Language/ Interpreting Program will be able to:
- Develop receptive and expressive skills in American Sign Language and Fingerspelling.
- Develop knowledge and awareness of the differences between the Deaf Culture/deaf community and the hearing community.
- Accurately interpret and transliterate between ASL and English in a variety of settings: face-to-face, small group settings, monologue and/or large group settings.
- Apply professional standards, practices, and ethics, not limited to the tenets of the Code of Professional Conduct, to their work.
Students will be assessed through a combination of performance evaluations, written assignments, and written tests and quizzes.