Physical Therapist Assistant
- Degrees/Certificates Offered: See Below
- Courses: List and Details
- Faculty: Full-Time Faculty
- More Information: Home page
- School: Health Sciences / Public Service
- Library: Articles, Subject Guides and Reference Databases
Associate in Science
Student Learning Outcomes
Students who complete the Physical Therapist Assistant Program will be able to:
- Perform safe and effective interventions and data collection within the Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) scope of practice.
- Select appropriate interventions within the physical therapist's plan of care.
- Be knowledgeable of the California physical therapy laws and regulations as they relate to the PTA.
- Demonstrate ethical and professional behaviors consistent with professional standards and practice.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing as appropriate for a PTA.
Students will be assessed through a combination of performance evaluations, written assignments, and written tests and quizzes.