Geographic Information Systems
- Degrees/Certificates Offered: See Below
- Courses: List and Details
- More Information: Home page
- School: Business and Technology
- Library: Articles, Subject Guides and Reference Databases
Certificate of Performance
Associate in Science
Student Learning Outcomes
Students who complete the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Program will gain facility with:
- Technological Awareness: Students will be able to evaluate and apply appropriate geospatial technologies to support specific industry activities and solutions.
- Critical Thinking: Students will be able to analyze specific GIS problems or information needs and identify possible solutions, including determination of analytical approach, synthesis of information, resourcefulness, and troubleshooting.
- Communication: Students will be able to choose the appropriate mode of communication for a specific situation and then communicate ideas, concepts, and solutions through effective written, oral and visual communication.
Students will be assessed through a combination of performance evaluations, written assignments, and written tests and quizzes.