Exciting news! Beginning Fall, 2016, the Mesa Promise Scholarship will be available to 75 recent high school graduates and/or transferring San Diego Continuing Education students to attend San Diego Mesa College! This scholarship ensures that finances are not keeping a deserving student from attending college. The Mesa Promise fulfills the unmet needs for fees and/or books.
To qualify, applicants must:
- Be a resident of the San Diego Unified School District for a minimum of 3 years
- Graduate from a San Diego Unified District High School, or successfully complete a designated program through Continuing Education
- Enroll at Mesa College in Fall Semester immediately following graduation
- Complete the FAFSA or Dream Act application, and accept all aid that is offered
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.0, and be in overall good standing
- Successfully complete a minimum of 12 units each semester
- Complete 8 hours of community service each semester
- Complete all Student Success orientations.
Yes, this program will be expensive, but not as expensive as not having an education. Mesa is known for the success of its students.
If you are interested in supporting this incredible opportunity, please click on the link below!
NICKI CARANO MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
Mesa College is saddened by the recent death of former student Nicki Carano. A scholarship in her honor has been created by Nicki's family. If you would like to donate to the scholarship, please click on "Nicki Carano Memorial Scholarship." Her family thanks you for your donation to support Nicki's passion of helping others success in a career in performing arts. Her family will be notified of your thoughtfulness.
San Diego Mesa College Foundation
San Diego Mesa College Foundation supports student success by providing scholarships, emergency assistance, food cards, purchasing equipment, and funding innovation. We encourage you to support the Foundation, and change a life!
The San Diego Mesa College Foundation builds its community, inspires excellence and creates an enlightened tomorrow
our former foster youth students NEED YOUR HELP!
Many do not have a sustainable, reliable source of food, and come to classes each day fighting hunger. Hunger is debilitating. Please help us purchase food cards so these students may eat while at Mesa, then use the services Mesa offers to be successful in college.
Please note: Just before confirming your donation, there is a small line for "add special instructions to the seller." Please list the program or scholarship you are supporting in that box. Thank you!