April 25, 2019: Next Meeting 10:00am - 11:30am, I4-402
Upcoming Spring 2019 Meetings*:
April 25, 2019: 10:00am - 11:30am, I4-402
May 9, 2019: 10:00am - 11:30am, I4-402
May 23, 2019: 10:00am - 11:30am, I4-402
June 13, 2019: No meeting (conflicts with Classified Leadership Institute)
June 24, 2019: 10:00am - 11:30am, I4-402
*Meetings are regularly scheduled for the second & fourth Thursday of each month, subject to change if date conflicts with any holidays or campus wide events.
The Classified Senate represents all classified employees at San Diego Mesa College in the shared governance and decision-making processes throughout the college, district and state. Some of the Senate's areas of focus include:
- Representing classified employees in participatory governance and decision-making
issues not related to collective bargaining and/or contract negotiations.
- Supporting and promoting professionalism of classified employees.
- Encouraging individual and collective leadership, contribution, and professional development
among classified employees.
- Appointing classified representation within the committee framework as part of the
democratic processes prevalent at Mesa College and the San Diego Community College
- Providing a centralized method of effective communication throughout the college community.
- Collecting and disseminating relevant governance information to classified employees.