September 14, 2017: Next Meeting 10 a.m. - 11:30 a.m., I4-402
Upcoming Fall 2017 Semester Meetings*:
September 14, 2017: 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m, I4-402
September 28, 2017: 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m, location T.B.A.
October 12, 2017: 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m, I4-402
October 26, 2017: 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m, I4-402
November 9, 2017: 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m, I4-402
December 7, 2017: 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m, I4-402
*Subject to change if date conflicts with any campus wide events.
The Classified Senate represents all classified employees at San Diego Mesa College in the shared governance and decision-making processes throughout the college, district and state. Some of the Senate's areas of focus include:
- Representing classified employees in participatory governance and decision-making
issues not related to collective bargaining and/or contract negotiations.
- Supporting and promoting professionalism of classified employees.
- Encouraging individual and collective leadership, contribution, and professional development
among classified employees.
- Appointing classified representation within the committee framework as part of the
democratic processes prevalent at Mesa College and the San Diego Community College
- Providing a centralized method of effective communication throughout the college community.
- Collecting and disseminating relevant governance information to classified employees.